CAAP Pick up for my 2006 Viper ?? Help ??

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,

So I am trying to work out the details on a CAAP pick up of the 2006 Viper I ordered. What are the advantages of this type of pick up? Any additional costs? Any cost savings? What airport should I fly in to/is closest to the plant? Anything else I should be thinking about or planning to do for a CAAP pick up?

Thanks

Jon

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
detroit metro airport, only additional cost would be hotel and air fare. lots of cool car stuff to do around here! Walter P. Chrysler museum, The Henry Ford museum, both with lots and lots of very cool cars. The Roush collection(check my gallery). I have picked up all three of my Vipers at the CAAP plant, and have been there more than a dozen times(it's only twenty five minutes from my house). If you need anymore advice or help feel free to send me a pm or repond to this thread.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
btw way the hotel only applies if you stay overnight i just looked and saw your from chicago so you could easily drive home the same day.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a CAAP pick up on my very first Viper in 1999. It was AWESOME and I would have done it again if it had been an option. Unfortunately, driving through Detroit in the January weather is not a good roll of the dice (my '03) and the '05 VCA Editions were all "delivered" at VOI 8 in Dallas, dang it.

It is WELL worth it and usually gets you a lot of one-on-one time with the folks that build your car. That alone is worth the price of admission (free). The only thing to watch out for is double taxes: In 1999 my dealer collected the Michigan sales tax, as they required it at the time and I was taking delivery in Michigan. I then had to pay Kansas sales tax when I registered the car, despite my Michigan receipt. My dealer ended up getting me a refund of the Michigan sales tax. I suspect they may be a little more organized on that part these days.

Bottom line: JUST DO IT! :)

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have picked up three with a CAAP visit. The effort and extra expense is very worthwhile. The people are great. And no, there are no cost savings; you still pay the freight charge :) .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R