2006 Viper Coupe

Ms Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My new Viper is the best car I have ever owned. (Had 4 vettes.)
I really enjoy the backfires. Does anyone's 06' backfire too?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The backfires were a concession to the older owners. We got tired of blaming it on the dog.

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ms Viper,

I have an 04 Vert, and yes, it does backfire on de-celleration. Noteworthy to mention is the fact that I have after market, true side pipes. This creates a much more pronounced backfire. Supposedly, once I get the computer re-flashed, the backfiring will decrease...we shall see. I too have had several vetts and nothing compares to my Viper. Gotta love it!!

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love that sound from my aftermarket Gen 2. Man, that 06 coupe is tempting... Did any of you upgrade from a GTS to a coupe? Any regrets?

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A DC Performance computer reflash will definitely reduce the backfires to almost nothing, but there is still a very pleasant growl as the car decelerates. Personally, I don't miss the backfires at all and the car runs soooo much better after the reflash.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love that sound from my aftermarket Gen 2. Man, that 06 coupe is tempting... Did any of you upgrade from a GTS to a coupe? Any regrets?

Working on that right now. I sold my Gen 2 ACR to a guy on here, and I am replacing it with a 2006 Coupe.

Will provide feedback after receipt.

Jon

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The backfiring on my Gen 1.5 is one of my favorite traits about the car. The car just sounds mean when you come off the gas and it sounds like a driveby shooting is occuring :)

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:) :) :) :) :) :)

I migrated (not sure I like the word " upgrade " in reference to the GTS and SRT-C...both are awesome in their own respects and I hesitate to suggest that one is better than the other!...and before I get flamed, I have no experience with the RT-10, therefore no comment!) from a 2001 GTS Bumblebee to the 06 SRT-C and have absolutely NO regrets!

If you like the backfire pops on the stock exhaust system, try the Corsa Track CatBack system. I just had mine installed a few days ago. IMHO it has ratcheted up the "Fun Factor" for me and my wife by about 300%. The reduced cabin temperature by virtue of elimination of the cross-over pipes is a nice bonus as well!

:2tu:

red94viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've gone from a '94 rt, (owned for 10 years and 38,000 virtually trouble-free miles ), to a final edition 2002 coupe, (recently sold to my son at 7500 perfect miles) to my recently acquired brand new 2006 first edition coupe. I like the 02 the best, as it retained the outrageous curves and lines that I like. The '06 is an incredible performer, but the view from inside the cockpit is not as impressive to me as the look out over the '02's hood. I've always tried to "buy american" and in a sport car category the Viper is the only way to go. I keep my vipers stock, as i'm not smart enough to improve on what I think is as perfect a sports car as I could ever want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth