Very impressive showroom!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine was showing me some cars, he's thinking about getting on autotrader.com. So I got bored and decided to look at some vipers when I came across a black and silver GTS at a place called Performance Auto Group. When I looked at the pics they have a whole bunch of vipers! Even a new VCA edt. SRTC!

But what really caught my eye (besides the nice red, white, and blue display of vipers) was the wall behind them. A HUGE picture of what I believe is a red RT/10, a GTS, and a GTS-R on a race track. It reminded me of the Ferrari dealers and how they have there posters on their walls in the showrooms. So I dropped them an e-mail asking if I could stop by to get some better shots.

You must be registered for see images

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's beautiful....I may have to do that on the wall of my garage. My freshly epoxied floor needs company. :laugh:

redacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine was showing me some cars, he's thinking about getting on autotrader.com. So I got bored and decided to look at some vipers when I came across a black and silver GTS at a place called Performance Auto Group. When I looked at the pics they have a whole bunch of vipers! Even a new VCA edt. SRTC!

But what really caught my eye (besides the nice red, white, and blue display of vipers) was the wall behind them. A HUGE picture of what I believe is a red RT/10, a GTS, and a GTS-R on a race track. It reminded me of the Ferrari dealers and how they have there posters on their walls in the showrooms. So I dropped them an e-mail asking if I could stop by to get some better shots.

You must be registered for see images

Dose that black / silver have 1,500 miles?

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what they have listed

Price Unlisted
Body Style Coupe
Mileage 1,581
Exterior Color Black With Silver Stripes
Interior Color Black
Engine 10 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission Manual
Drive Type 2 wheel drive - rear
Fuel Type Gasoline
Doors Two Door
Stock No. YV604888

1584 miles. 2000 GTS. Very rare color combination Black/Silver Stripes, one of only 87 GTS Coupes in this color. One owner car. Like new condition inside and out. Leather interior free of blemishes and wear.Performance Exaust and car cover included.Owners manual and original window sticker.

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, they are in Summit. My g/f and I went by there a month or so ago. That pic looks like it was taken a few months back when the place just opened. I don't think they still have all of those Vipers in stock. I could be wrong, though. They did, however, have two nice looking Lotus Elises (orange & yellow) in the showroom window when I drove by the other day. :p

redacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought that black viper or so I thought I was buying it. I made a deal with the orignal owner his name was John. Well I went to the bank got a check in his name. He wanted me to have proof of insurance so I went and got insurance on the car. The day before I was going to Missouri to buy the car his wife calls me and tells me they decided not to sell it. If someone is looking to buy it pm me. I was buying it for 53,000.00. I also have a car fax report.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Performance Auto Group can't be trusted. also he sold all his vipers wholesale.

I beg to differ. Performance Auto Group CAN absolutely be trusted. I am the new owner of the Black Silver Coupe pictured. Hardviper has a little problem understanding why they sold a Graphite/silver car he was interested in even though he never put a deposit on it while he delayed his decision for a few weeks. Money talks as they say. I sent a deposit of only $1000 to hold the black silver car until I could get a mechanic there to look at it, that took a week, and from there they were fine with another $5,000 until Gary Almond could get there to pick it up. All their dealing was fine. If you want a car you have to put a deposit down, other wise you risk having it sold out from underneath you, and that is what happened to HardViper. I feel for him, and we have had many phone conversations regarding this, I know he thought he was dealing with a situation where he could just say he wanted the car and they would hold it for him but that's not the way you grab what you want for sure in the used car business. And Performance did not sell all his Vipers wholesale. He sold two of them in that manner. He is planning on concentrating on Ferraris and Porsches. But as of the last I heard the VCA edition and the Commemorative were still available retail. Quite reasonably also.
redacr you have a pm

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I beg to differ. Performance Auto Group CAN absolutely be trusted. I am the new owner of the Black Silver Coupe pictured.

Lee, so now you've got two of the 87 black and silver Viper GTS' built in 2000?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish, my first one had an unfortunate encounter with a Ford F450 Crewcab who decided to cut through two lanes of backed up traffic into a right turn lane I was coasting along in. I was EXTREMELY lucky to find this car, it's even better than the one I had. ViperJohn here on the board emailed me the ebay auction the night of the accident. I sent a deposit the next day after talking to the dealer and then the original owner. There is no way to describe the roller coaster of losing your beloved car and then finding the same car only better the next day.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish, my first one had an unfortunate encounter with a Ford F450 Crewcab who decided to cut through two lanes of backed up traffic into a right turn lane I was coasting along in. I was EXTREMELY lucky to find this car, it's even better than the one I had. ViperJohn here on the board emailed me the ebay auction the night of the accident. I sent a deposit the next day after talking to the dealer and then the original owner. There is no way to describe the roller coaster of losing your beloved car and then finding the same car only better the next day.

Sorry to hear about your car, but glad to see you stayed in the black & silver family!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard of them. They stock a few Vipers at a time. Last time I looked though, that Commerative was available at almost sticker. Got the impression that they were priced a little high. They also had a few Ford GT's at one point if I recall correctly.