Some Guy sold his Hemi Cuda and bought both my #001's

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some Guy sold his Hemi Cuda and bought both my #001\'s

This guy called up a few weeks ago and said he sold his 71 hemi cuda and now he needed a VIPER, he bought the #001 98 GTSR and when he found out I had the first production GTS ser#200001 he had to have that too. Seemed liek a great guy, and to beat al a rattle snake showed up on the driveway that morning to see the cars off.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Some Guy sold his Hemi Cuda and bought both my #001\'s

Damnit, if only those damn powerball numbers would have hit, those would have been mine!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In 30 years he'll be selling those #1's and getting 4 of some other supercar of it's time... circle of life stuff. :D

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think that guys pretty smart.I think alot of those cars are bringing insane amounts of money.He just diversified his money.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think he may not be so happy when he finds out that the GTSR's were the only series numbered in order by vin. But no others were. So 001 of any other year is not neccessarily the first car built.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think that guys pretty smart.I think alot of those cars are bringing insane amounts of money.He just diversified his money.

Viper Fever, I have got to agree with you, they are bringing in some big dollars.

Dave

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think he may not be so happy when he finds out that the GTSR's were the only series numbered in order by vin. But no others were. So 001 of any other year is not neccessarily the first car built.

LEE,

This 96 in question was in fact the first Production GTS ever made and was formerly owned by Bob Eaton, who was chairman of chryler at the time the 96's were introduced, I believe Lutz got 002. but you are correct most other #001's are in fact quite insignificant.

Reaction score

LEE,

This 96 in question was in fact the first Production GTS ever made and was formerly owned by Bob Eaton, who was chairman of chryler at the time the 96's were introduced, I believe Lutz got 002. but you are correct most other #001's are in fact quite insignificant.

I believe it was the first dozen or so 1996 GTS serial numbers were built in order. I have a list at my office of who the first GTS's were built for. My #00006 was built for Jim Holden (the President of Chrysler at that time) and my #00003 was built for the COO of Chrysler at that time (I believe his name was Dammeon or something like that).