Fog light lens?

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there any certain way(trick) to install the fog light cover lens? It seems like it would be easy to break off one of the 3 tabs if not very carefull.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right'it is easy to break a tab. Take it slow, make sure the facia is warm (in the sun for a couple hours maybe)it helps when it's most flexable. They are available new, but not cheap, of course.
I find it easiest to put the top two tabs in and push up to get clearance for the bottom one. Pushing up and in at the same time.
PS; the service manual is no help on this one, as with most trim related things.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Fog light covers in excellent condition if anyone needs them.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case anyone is intersted I have 3M headlight and lens cover protectors BRAND NEW for sale. It will fit Gen 1 and 2.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any certain way(trick) to install the fog light cover lens? It seems like it would be easy to break off one of the 3 tabs if not very carefull.

Push the tabs on the inside(the ones that are towards the middle of the fascia) down with one finger. You want your finger to be right on top of the tab. Once it pops out, you can then easily remove the lens. Reverse the procedure to put them back on. I just pulled mine off today to clean them, so it's still fresh in my mind. :D