Where else to buy a Roe supercharger ?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think any discount you can find will be from a tuner/installer that will do the install work at a discount.

Even if you can find a used one, I'd suggest you have Sean check it out and warranty the unit. But that's just MO.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been several productions runs of the Roe blower with each run tweaked a little to improve airflow in order to equalize all cylinders in vacuum and improve peak HP. I think there are about 340+ Roe cars out there to date.

Sean will refurbish older units to the newest spec for a fee. If not buying new, that would seem to be the smartest way to do it. Also if buying used and installing yourself, it's highly unlikely that the blower would come packaged from the seller just the way it does new for ease of following the instructions.

Steve

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine from Tony Armour (1TONY1). He gave me a great deal on not only the supercharger itself, but also the water/methanol kit and the sparkplug wires. Everything arrived EXACTLY as he said it would and very quickly. I highly recommend contacting him. Excellent customer service.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would directly do business with Sean Roe in person. He is very experienced and honest. His business ethic is flawless.

There are a lot of tuners who will try to sell you the supercharger for a couple of $$$ less but sooner or later you will pay for. When supercharging your car (Paxtron or Roe) don't try to save $$$$. Fix your objectives:
- Why you want to supercharge
- How much HP you want
- How much you want to spend on maintenance
- Where you will drive your Viper most often
- What is your driving style etc.

Then shop for the right price and don't choose the cheapest installer.

Read this phrase carefully:

Installing a supercharger is very simple and a basic installation can be done between 8-16 hours. Installation is most often free. However its tuning requires a lot of experience, time and resources. And this is where Sean's experience counts ...

Sean will be able to tune your car right and according to your specifications.

If you are supercharging or turbo charging on a too low budget you are heading for disaster. You will have to spend time and some money to have your Viper tuned right for different circomstances. But at the end you will have a real race car and the stock Viper will feel like a Toyota Prius compared to your Supercharged Viper.

wesman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If Roe is an option, then definitely go that route. Since you're in Fl, that would definitely be the way I'd go.

He is a very nice guy and will help you out even if you buy used. He stand behind his products.

I just bought a used VECII from a friend and it was tuned for a blower car. I sent Shawn an email about it, asking for install instructions and some new tunes for my setup. He replied the next day and gave me everything I needed. Keep in mind I have never bought anything from Sean so we don't really have a relationship other than I bought one of his units second hand.

If he'll help people out like that, he'll definitely take care of his actual customers. He has definitely earned my future business.

--wes

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would directly do business with Sean Roe in person. He is very experienced and honest. His business ethic is flawless.

There are a lot of tuners who will try to sell you the supercharger for a couple of $$$ less but sooner or later you will pay for. When supercharging your car (Paxtron or Roe) don't try to save $$$$. Fix your objectives:
- Why you want to supercharge
- How much HP you want
- How much you want to spend on maintenance
- Where you will drive your Viper most often
- What is your driving style etc.

Then shop for the right price and don't choose the cheapest installer.

Read this phrase carefully:

Installing a supercharger is very simple and a basic installation can be done between 8-16 hours. Installation is most often free. However its tuning requires a lot of experience, time and resources. And this is where Sean's experience counts ...

Sean will be able to tune your car right and according to your specifications.

If you are supercharging or turbo charging on a too low budget you are heading for disaster. You will have to spend time and some money to have your Viper tuned right for different circomstances. But at the end you will have a real race car and the stock Viper will feel like a Toyota Prius compared to your Supercharged Viper.

Your post is flawed because:

When you buy a Roe S/C from ANY Roe dealer you are still a customer of Seans. He and the Roe Racing crew still support the s/c 100%.

And

The only thing that I ask and Sean asks is that the selling dealer be the "first" contact with questions or problems. Installed is installed, tuned is tuned. There are 100's of "installed only" Roe s/c's that the owners are very happy with. Some have been owner tuned, some have been tuner tuned, many have been tuned via sending the dyno sheets to the dealer or Sean and getting the tune that was shipped with the blower tweaked. That original tune is very close because Sean has spent mucho time to get to this point. I suggest to anyone that calls me: if they have basic mechanic skills then they should install it themselves, buy a wideband 02 and learn the software. There is sooooo much satisfaction in doing the install yourself and then down the road learning the software. Any forced induction car should have a wideband no matter what, no if's ands or but's.
I really take offense to some of your comments.

p.s. My car has NEVER been tuned on a dyno ;)

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your post is flawed because:
:bonker:
Hey, its a web forum not a Phd defence meeting.
I have the impression to hear some of the my 80 years old math teachers :bonker:
Everything is relative, it depends on which side of the counter you are standing: on the casher side or on the client side.

I really take offense to some of your comments.
Until this line I had nothing to say about your comments and they were perfectly raisonable. I would even agree with you 100%. You know, maybe your Viper is perfectly tuned but I think you also need a little tuning ... :)

p.s. My car has NEVER been tuned on a dyno ;)
Who talks about dyno ?! :)

I am sure you are a great guy but you take everything too personal.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the impression to hear some of the my 80 years old math teachers

Your going to have to translate that for me because I can't make any sense out of it.

Anyway, what's personal ?? Your bucket has holes in it....I am pointing those holes out.

Your statement:

"However its tuning requires a lot of experience, time and resources. And this is where Sean's experience counts ..."

It's not correct....if you will read my post AGAIN (did you actually read it the first time ?) You still get Seans experience. You do not have to be in Fl. to get a car tuned with his help. Don't take my word....call Roe and ask him.

My car is not tuned perfect...it is a constant process....that is why IMO, everyone needs a wideband and needs to learn the software. One day on the dyno won't get it there. Guess what ?? We don't drive these cars on the dyno, we drive them on the street. EH.

Who talks about dyno ??? I assume you were talking about Roe dyno tuning the cars....he does. I believe he also does road tuning (actually runway tuning ;) )

My point is that the average guy does not have to have a professional install and tune the system. THAT is one of the BIG draws of the Roe s/c....you can install it yourself and tune it yourself with or without professional help. If everyone had to ship their car across the country for $3000 to $5000 dollars the system would not be as popular. This is fact and you can argue it all you want and you will still be wrong.

To each his own, if this guy is in Fl. near Sean and he is not comfortable with diy, then by all means have Sean or even Macedo do it. Doesn't work out as easy for the guy in Wisconsin or California.

Edit: Curious, do you have a Roe s/c ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth