1994 RT10

94RT10VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this site. I just purched a 1994 RT10. The wheels and tires are OEM. What are the best replacement tires available? (with handling a top priority)
Thanks

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what is the difference between the piolet's and the piolet PS?
Don't recognize either of those. Are you referring to the Pilots? They don't make the Pilots (MXX3) anymore; all Michelin currently makes are the Pilot Sport, Pilot Sport Cup, and Pilot Sport 2. As you have a '94 with stock wheels, that means you have 17" wheels (later Gen II's have 18" wheels), and I recall they do make a PS2 in the correct size for you (335/35ZR17 and 275/40ZR17). I have no experience with the PS2, but they are reportedly just an updated Pilot Sport and thus very similar. I do like the Pilot Sport's (been through four sets of them so far).

From what I understand, the Pilot Sport Cup's are a track tire, and thus their longevity is not suitable for the street unless you have a high tire budget and don't mind replacing tires twice to three times as often as the normal Pilot Sports.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Kouhmo sticky tires.
They don't last long and they aren't much good in the rain but they really grip the road.

I think they might cost about half what the Pilots cost.