BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these? Tirerack sells them, and the "user" reviews are better than the Pilots.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That'snot for viper-sized tires... I've been waiting for someone else to bite the bullet too. Why don't you be brave and try them out and write up a review? ;)

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these? Tirerack sells them, and the "user" reviews are better than the Pilots.
Not all of the user reviews compare them better to the pilots, actually. I spent an hour last week going over every review that had the word "pilot" in them, and found a number of user reviews that compared them very negatively to the Pilot - don't recall the reason why. The cost difference is significant; $100 less per tire, but, after reading ever review, I opted for new Michelin Pilots for my rear tires last week. For the difference - around $700 for a pair of KDW's in the 335/30-ZR18 size, after you get through with shipping, tax, mounting and balancing; versus around $900 for the Pilots, which I know are a good bet for the car, I felt I might as well go for the tire I know works well.

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KDW's for traction.
Michelin for ....Michelin:)
I had the KDW's on a car I was having traction issues with and had great results.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not all of the user reviews compare them better to the pilots, actually. I spent an hour last week going over every review that had the word "pilot" in them, and found a number of user reviews that compared them very negatively to the Pilot - don't recall the reason why. The cost difference is significant; $100 less per tire, but, after reading ever review, I opted for new Michelin Pilots for my rear tires last week. For the difference - around $700 for a pair of KDW's in the 335/30-ZR18 size, after you get through with shipping, tax, mounting and balancing; versus around $900 for the Pilots, which I know are a good bet for the car, I felt I might as well go for the tire I know works well.
While I agree with your logic, I think we should consider giving any tire manufacturer business for even carrying tires our size. If they don't see any business from us, they might stop altogether. I don't think these BFG's are all that much better/worse than the pilots, so it wouldn't be THAT much of a gamble. Of course, if the tire is crap, then all bets are off.

It would be nice if our beloved VIPER Magazine did some tests comparing the different tires... I don't need articles about "Viper Hygiene." :rolleyes:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While I agree with your logic, I think we should consider giving any tire manufacturer business for even carrying tires our size. If they don't see any business from us, they might stop altogether.
Ah, very good point.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey... if ya'll chip in $5, I'll get them and write an exhaustive review with pics and videos for comparison and...

oh... you're not buying it? darn! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4