Reaction score
Details for the dyno day:

Main Street Speed and Sound
9867 Main Street
Damascus, MD 20872
(301) 368-9085

When: Saturday, June 24th
10:00 AM to 3:00 PM

About: Curious how much power your Viper is generating? Strap it to a dynamometer. This device measure the rear wheel horsepower, i.e.. how much power is making it to the ground. The price is $65.00 for two pulls with air fuel ratio, a horsepower graph will be provided for each pull. Lunch will be provided around noon. You do not need to dyno your car to attend this event. When you RSVP, let me know if you will be dynoing your car or just attending. I need to have some idea of how many cars need to get on the dyno.

Directions:

From DC:

Take I-270 North to Route 27 North, Exit 16A

Proceed about 7 miles on Route 27 North

When you get into Damscus, the road will turn into two lanes. Stay in the right lane. The road will split, stay straight. You will come to a light, proceed straight. You will see a Mobil Gas Station on your left, the speed shop is actually in the basement of that complex on the other side. After you pass the station, you will come to a light, make a left at the light and then go about 100 yards and make another left into the Safeway Shopping Center. Main Street Speed and Sound is to the left of the Safeway. Drive towards the left and you will see it.

From Baltimore:

Option 1: I-70

Take I-70 West towards Frederick

Take Route 27 south, exit 68.

Turn left onto Route 27 South

Proceed about 5.8 miles on Route 27 South

Once you are in Damascus, you will come to a light. There will be a Jimmy Cone and Jerry's Sub Sub Shop on your right and a McDonalds on your left. At the light, make a left into the shopping center (right before the McDonalds. As you enter the shopping center, stay to the right and follow the road around the shopping center, Main Street Speed and Sound will be on your right.

Option 2: Route 108

Take 108 West until you come into Damascus, after you pass the public library, you will come to light, the intersection of Route 124. Make a right at the light and make your next left into the Safeway Parking lot. Stay towards the left and you will see Main Street Speed and Sound.

I had my car dynoed at this facility a few months ago, and they were real careful with my car, they dyno is in a dedicated bay. Here is a picture of my car on their dyno.

See you there!

PS- In the event rain threatens to ruin the event, a decision will be made by Friday at Noon whether or not to cancel the event. If you plan on attending and would like to be contacted in the event of a cancellation, please provide a contact number or feel free to call me.

5582IM000403a.jpg

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John heading to Ocean City otherwise I would be there.You guys going to the Jimmy Cone later I may Be coming home late saturday

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John heading to Ocean City otherwise I would be there.You guys going to the Jimmy Cone later I may Be coming home late saturday

I didn't realize Jimmy Cone was also this Saturday. A few of us may go there. Have a good time at the beach. If we don't hook up, I will probably see you at Carlisle.

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Event has been postponed due to dismal forecast (80% chance fore severe thunderstorms, up to 4 inches of rain and flash flood warnings)

We will re-schedule this event.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235