Anyone use New Turtle Wax ICE?

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've used it and I like it. I even got some on my satin black stripes (textured) and it whiped off clean!

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I heard some pretty bad stuff about it...not that it didn't do anything bad, but it didn't do anything great...especialy for the price. The best I've ever used is S100 (at harley davidson dealerships)...pure carnauba, easy on, easy off (no buffing), pure carnauba so it has a deeper shine than synthetic...also less of a dust magnet, and best of all, it doesn't do anything to rubber trim.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard some pretty bad stuff about it...not that it didn't do anything bad, but it didn't do anything great...especialy for the price. The best I've ever used is S100 (at harley davidson dealerships)...pure carnauba, easy on, easy off (no buffing), pure carnauba so it has a deeper shine than synthetic...also less of a dust magnet, and best of all, it doesn't do anything to rubber trim.

S100 is the BEST :) Its cheap and its the best thing to apply to a car AFTER it's been zaino'd because of its anti-dust features.

15 bucks at any harley dealership :2tu:

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score

S100 is the BEST :) Its cheap and its the best thing to apply to a car AFTER it's been zaino'd because of its anti-dust features.

15 bucks at any harley dealership :2tu:

I agree. I did an experiment on a black car...one side NXT, the other S100 (same thing as P21S, but cheaper). They both looked amazing, but after about a week of driving, one side clearly had a thicker layer of L.A. dust/smog. on it....for some reason, synthetic waxes attract dust.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to disagree with Spinner and McCarlin. I used S100 and it was awful. It looked dull and faded compared to synthetics that I've used like NXT. I heard a lot of good things about it and being fairly inexpensive, I thought I'd give it a try. Very very diasappointing. Now as a caveat, I have also heard that people can get a bad jar of this stuff. It's suppose to be whitish and mine was actually yellow. Maybe I got a bad jar but I won't be using it again. Suffice it to say, it was easy to spread on and wipe off, like butter.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful when an inexpensive wax claims pure carnuba. While the carnuba in their wax may indeed be pure, it is only a tiny fraction of the ingredients.
Pure carnuba does not mean 100% carnuba. 100% Carnuba would be way too hard to apply or wipe off.

I have switched over almost completely to Meguiars products and NXT. Easy to use, inexpensive, long lasting and great shine.
Others may be better, but this stuff is fine for me.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to disagree with Spinner and McCarlin. I used S100 and it was awful. It looked dull and faded compared to synthetics that I've used like NXT. I heard a lot of good things about it and being fairly inexpensive, I thought I'd give it a try. Very very diasappointing. Now as a caveat, I have also heard that people can get a bad jar of this stuff. It's suppose to be whitish and mine was actually yellow. Maybe I got a bad jar but I won't be using it again. Suffice it to say, it was easy to spread on and wipe off, like butter.

You DEFINATLY got an BAD/OLD jar of the stuff. Mine has always been white and over the winter if i dont use it, it turns the yellowish color and i just buy a new one.
Give it another try, i know MANY professional detailers that swear by it as well.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK McCarlin, I'll buy another jar and see what happens. I had a feeling my yellow jar was bad. I was realllllly disappointed after reading all the positive feedback on S100. It was so bad that the surface was not even slick like glass which really peeved me.

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tried Pinnacle Sovereign and Meguiars NXT wax next to each other on my red '95, and there is no comparison. Pinnacle is much deeper and reflective. I think the key is proper prepping of the car first - then any good pure carnuaba wax should give a better finish than a liquid polish/wax. Wash the car with Dawn to remove wax buildup, claybar the car, apply swirl remover with rotary buffer if necessary, apply polish with rotary buffer, wax with a pure carnuaba wax by hand. Apply all in straight lines, never circles.