San Francisco = NOT Viper friendly

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So client says, "there's never any street parking... why don't you use my extra space in the garage?" The building is a highrise condo built on the top of a steep hill overlooking the bay... absolutely beautiful, and the client has the penthouse.
You must be registered for see images

I almost took the snake, but was in a hurry, so just took the first car in the driveway.

Did I dodge a bullet! Look at this garage entrance!!! A 45degree drop followed with a 33degree twist... My lowered Viper would have broken in half! :eek:

Makes me want to move to some flat midwest state.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you forgot the mention the kiddy swimming pool size *** holes on the way there..

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All the up/down are horrible and parking spot is tiny. Stop at a red light, 15-degree incline with the car behind that is 5 inches away from your rear bumper. I'm always amazed that quite people are driving stick in the city.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol! My older sister took me there to teach me how to drive stick!! What a *****!!! She thought it was funny watching me freak out as the civic would stall out and have angry people honking at me...then she made me parallel park on a steep slope like the picture above.

Talk about being thrown into the pool...I was not a happy camper, and I'm still ********** to this date. What a cruel joke...

OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol! My older sister took me there to teach me how to drive stick!! What a *****!!! She thought it was funny watching me freak out as the civic would stall out and have angry people honking at me...then she made me parallel park on a steep slope like the picture above.

Talk about being thrown into the pool...I was not a happy camper, and I'm still ********** to this date. What a cruel joke...
Can you imaging learning there in a Viper? :eek:

hahaha... roll,LURCH, SPUTTER... roll,LURCH, SPUTTER :D

V

venms96

Wow, looks more like a tunnel....jeeezuz. I remember being there in the late 70's. It was great to see the view again, regardless of that "garage" !! Alcatraz in the background in the one pic.

Not a great garage, but I'll bet there are some great roads to drive on. I saw some other pics you posted, and the scenery is amazing. Don't know how crowded it is on the back roads there...how far do you have to drive away from the congestion to get some "breathing room" for the Viper ?

Cool Pics, funny story.

venms96
1996 GTS - Stock

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I lived there from 1992-2005 ... And it was a rare day that I took a really nice car there. It was fun for the posing, but it was way too stressful wondering what was going to happen to it.

Mike M

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet there are some great roads to drive on.

Head out of town on the 5. Stop at the Jelly Belly Factory for a tour, then go just past a town called Red Bluff and head west on a little road called 36. 36 west from the 5 for the next 60+ miles is considered by many to be the greatest driving road in the USA (I have seen it listed on sportbike "where to ride" sites as #1). It is unbelievable. Twisting and turning with positive camber on all turns and no development but for ranch driveways abutting the road. Best part is that after all that fun. You can eat in Eureka then drive home by way of the 101 and take a detour off the highway to drive through the "Alley of the Giants" which is a fantastic little road through the giant redwood trees (would be amazing in an RT-10 with no top. Then wrap it up in wine country and you have a stellar day.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm house sitting up in SF for some friends this week.
It's a fun place to be, but a miserable place to drive (and park) any nice car.

My Viper stayed at home. ;)

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not so bad... I used to park my Viper on the street all the time. Got used to it.

Parking spaces here cost more than some of the houses out in the mid west.