Roe Blower and light flywheel???????? ASAP, Please!!!

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

I hear you are the resident lubricant expert?

Do you speak Jananese? Have you worked with Toyota?

They wouldn't help me with a Viper , TRD (Toyota Racing Development) did help me with maybe the BADDest SUPRA that was featured in Sports Compact as the fastest they have seen. Twin Ball Bearing Turbos ,intercooled . I thrashed that for three years and never blew the bored and stroked block.

You did notice I have a Supercharged Lexus GX470 SUV that isn't a rocket ,but as far as I know is one of a kind.

Konichi-Wa

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You still did not answer this one:

So, Was this mid 9 second time actually ran on dragstrip or is it just an gestimate?
Where was this time run?

I dont need the timeslip, just confirm was it driven and where.

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope your car is back together and your enjoying it!!!!!!!!

It has 542 cu.in.

As a prior post states I was working my butt off as a Chief Engineer at Toyota Motor Corporation. If you know the Japanese, they believe work is number 1 and life is number 2. So up until my recent retirement, I had the access to resources, but no time .

Now I have time to play

:usa: Long Live American Muscle :usa:

Ps I bought the Viper to embarass Toyota when they were cancelling the Supra.

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1999GTSVenom700

If your going to VOI, Your mid 9.xx pass will soon become a 10.20 at best. I've been on the fence about making the VOI trip. Are you going for sure? Would be fun to watch that beast run. :eek:

Josh M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are the pictures of your supra? I am also a supra enthusiast and I have no clue about your car :)

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope your car is back together and your enjoying it!!!!!!!!

The run was done at Milan Dragway by John Lingenfelter BEFORE I took delivery in 2001. It has 542 cu.in.

As a prior post states I was working my butt off as a Chief Engineer at Toyota Motor Corporation. If you know the Japanese, they believe work is number 1 and life is number 2. So up until my recent retirement, I had the access to resources, but no time .

Now I have time to play

:usa: Long Live American Muscle :usa:

Ps I bought the Viper to embarass Toyota when they were cancelling the Supra.
1999 GTS VENOM 700 .......HEY PAL...... HOW ARE DOING?YOU DONT KNOW ME BUT MY VIPER RT 10 HOLDS THE WORLD ALL MOTOR ONLY QUARTER MILE RECORD.U CAN SEE MY TIME SLIP AND VIDEO AT www.LINGENFELTER.COM LETS SEE YOUR CLAIMED 9'S SEC QUARTER MILE PROOF IF U HAVE ANY :rolleyes: !THANX.... HAVE A GREAT DAY!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn!! One of the ads states that for $44,000 you get a twin turbo system and tons of motor work done and you only get 725 HP!! Big deal. That is a lot of money to only pick up about 300 HP.
Not bad 1/4 mile times though.

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALSO...... PLEASE NO CURSING OR SWEARING!THANK YOU!CALLING OUT 1999 VENOM GTS 700.............I CALL BOGUS [******] ON YOUR CLAIMS OF AN ALL MOTOR 9 SEC VIPER!!!!!!!!!!!! :nono:

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, why did he delete his name from his profile??
BECAUSE HE JUST GOT BUSTED AND CANT BLOW SMOKE UP EVERYONE ANYMORE!THIS GUY HAS BEEN TELLING UNTRUE FACTS WHICH HE WANTS EVERYONE TO BELIEVE THEY ARE TRUE FOR HIS OWN LITTLE EGO TRIP.WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KINDA LIKE WHEN A PERSON LIES ON THIER JOB RESUME AND CLAIMS THEY HAVE GRADUATED FROM XYZ UNIVERSITY CLASS OF 2006 WHEN IN REALITY THEY HAVE NEVER ATTENDED A COLLEGE!IS EVERONE GETTING A CLEAR PICTURE NOW?

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TX ,WHOS YOUR DADDY

Congratulations, I agree from what I know you DO HAVE THE FASTEST NA VIPER and I don't dispute that

If you read some of my earlier posts you will see I have had my viper virtually rebuilt to reduce weight
(1)Carbon Fiber Hood, Door, fascias w/ no beams etc,
(2)Custom made Aluminun Frame,
(3)No AC,
(4)Lexan Polycarbonate Plastic replace Rear and side glass
(5)Fuel Cell
(6)Tubbed back end
(7)of couse running slicks and skinnies

Tony, I acknowledge you hae the fastest documented Supercharged/NOS probably stock bodied Viper.

TX Who's Tour Daddy, I also acknowledge you have the fastest documented NA Stock bodied Viper.

If I am wrong about you body/frames being stock the advise me.

You both seem like experience drag racers, then you both must know SPEED AND ACCELERATION come from the combination of the Highest HP COMBINED with the LIGHTEST WEIGHT.

All the Carbon Fiber Body Panels and removing bumper beams
resulted in a 400 lb= reduction alone.My car tips the scales ready to run at 2593 ilbs

It is evident that we have very different type Vipers ,but all fast.

:usa: LONG LIVE LIGHT AND FAST :usa:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, it's not really a street driven car?! Kinda takes all the fun out of it. Soooooooooooooooooo, 400lbs reduction from a street car would yeild about 2910 for an GTS, where did the other 400 lbs come off the car?

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lexan Polycarbonate is less that half the weight of glass.

The other big mass reduction came ffom the Aluminum frame.
aluminum plate under the trans, floor etc

Gutted out AC, window washer, trunk , exhaust, etc

It is registered in Michigan where there is no emissions checks and virtually no noise enforcement . I have Harley Softail Springer with straight pipes and never been stopped on eather. I drive it to shows, etc .

I was in Ohio when a Ohio Highway Patrol stopped by me when I was parked and he joked "Want to trade for a few hours"
Cool Guy. It looks kinda stock (with Street Wheel/tires )from further back and you don't notice the quarter turn fasteners which are painted body colored and the nose down attitude

It is still great fun to roll up to a traffic lights and see someones face when they look over and feel the sound.
I am an old street racer and bracket racer who would run for pink slips if you know how and who to challenge.

Sorry , If I offended you guys, old habits coming out.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lexan Polycarbonate is less that half the weight of glass.

The other big mass reduction came ffom the Aluminum frame.
aluminum plate under the trans, floor etc

Gutted out AC, window washer, trunk , exhaust, etc

It is registered in Michigan where there is no emissions checks and virtually no noise enforcement . I have Harley Softail Springer with straight pipes and never been stopped on eath. I drive it to shows, etc .

I was in Ohio when a Ohio Highway Patrol stopped by me when I was parked and he joked "Want to trade for a few hours"
Cool Guy. It looks kinda stock (with Street Wheel/tires )from further back and you don't notice the quarter turn fasteners which are painted body colored and the nose down attitude

It is still great fun to roll up to a traffic lights and see someones face when they look over and feel the sound.
I am an old street racer and bracket racer who would run for pink slips if you know how and who to challenge.

Sorry , If I offended you guys, old habits coming out.

OK, this reeks of SOOOOO much [******] it's not even funny. First off, LPE has done so few Vipers that they know all of them. Norm (Tx. WYD) has had MANY cars done by LPE including the world's fastest motor only Viper and he called LPE and they've never heard of you or your car.

Second, John H. says he has never heard of you and doesn't remember building a Venom for you.

Finally, aluminum frame???? RIIGGHHHTTTT. Sounds like someone read about the new Z06 and thought that would be cool. Less than 2600 lbs. sure....

I'm also sure that you're an ex-SF sniper and all that other good stuff too.

Mr. Mitty, paging Mr. Walter Mitty...it's your doctor, he wants you to get back on your meds.

Post some pics and make me eat my words.

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree sounds like [******] , but with resources of an OEM made it possible.

Having the resurces of a OEM Prototype Division and Suppliers , is one of the only ways to accomplish it

As far as my Military eperience I did two tours of duty in Vietnam, so you have the freedom. I still carry the injuries, we still have the freedom.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Kenny, I smell something and it ain't race fuel! A few pics would probably clear up a lot.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
How hard is the install for a clutch/flywheel? I only have jack-stands in the garage and would like to do it myself. Do I need a lift or pit to do the job?

I hate paying someone $1,000 to install a clutch that I would enjoy doing over a weekend. Those of you that have done it yourself, how difficult was it? Those of you who paid to have it done, how much could I expect to pay? Thanks for any help -- maybe I oughta' start another thread from the looks of this one.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard is the install for a clutch/flywheel? I only have jack-stands in the garage and would like to do it myself. Do I need a lift or pit to do the job?

I hate paying someone $1,000 to install a clutch that I would enjoy doing over a weekend. Those of you that have done it yourself, how difficult was it? Those of you who paid to have it done, how much could I expect to pay? Thanks for any help -- maybe I oughta' start another thread from the looks of this one.

New thread ;) good idea.

You can do it on jack stands. Four GOOD, HEAVY DUTY stands.....not cheap flimsy ones. I suggest a long (36") 3/8" extention and a swivel socket for the tranny bolts. Floor jack under the tranny.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree sounds like [******] , but with resources of an OEM made it possible.

Having the resurces of a OEM Prototype Division and Sippliers , is one of the only ways to accomplish it

As far as my Military eperience I dit two tours of duty in Vietnam ,so you have the freedom . I still carry the injuries , we still have the freedom.

I'll be more than happy to eat a big [******] pie if you just post up a few pics.

But as of right now, I think you are full of crap. Also, why did you pull your name out of your profile in the last few days---so no one could call up tuners to verify if you were a customer? Too late.

In one of this guy's other posts he makes some comments about the Michigan area VCA---anyone know this guy or seen his car?

I eagerly await your response, Mr. Mitty.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate paying someone $1,000 to install a clutch that I would enjoy doing over a weekend. Those of you that have done it yourself, how difficult was it? Those of you who paid to have it done, how much could I expect to pay?

I paid $320 labor a couple years ago at the local Dodge dealer for a LUK clutch/Fidanza flywheel job. $1000 would be a big rip off.

Steve

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would this guy, 1999GTSVenom700, not just post a few pictures or details that could be checked?

A few names of other Viper folks who could corroborate his story would help.

Anyone who did all this would be one strange bird to keep it all secret and make himself look like he was some kid telling tall tales.
If he is for real, I don’t fell bad for not believing him. He seems to be doing everything he can to male himself look like he is making up all this.

Josh M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His viper is [******] his supra is [******]...........you have the backing of an OEM compnay to make your alluminum frame? Sure..........why would an OEM company care about something like that or put money into that? Especially when the domestic companies are taking such a beating and trying to cut back on everything...........somehow I believe they valued the guy installing the windows in the Dodge Stratus more than they cared about your [******] allumium 2600 pound viper

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His viper is [******] his supra is [******]...........you have the backing of an OEM compnay to make your alluminum frame? Sure..........why would an OEM company care about something like that or put money into that? Especially when the domestic companies are taking such a beating and trying to cut back on everything...........somehow I believe they valued the guy installing the windows in the Dodge Stratus more than they cared about your [******] allumium 2600 pound viper

Far be it from me to spring to this rather odd character's defense, but if he is who he says he is he didn't work for a domestic company; he worked for Toyota. And if he is who he says he is, it's not at all inconceivable that he had the pull to get the guys in the various fab shops to play around with his Viper. Now that doesn't mean all this stuff about a 2,600 lb race car Viper that ran 9's on motor 5 years ago (BEFORE he took delivery of the car but not since??) is true. Bottom line is if "John" wants to have any credibility here at all he needs to post some pics or otherwise establish that he's not the fraud so many people think he is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave