Roe Blower and light flywheel???????? ASAP, Please!!!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My flywheel is messed up and Chryslers of Carlisle is next weekend. I have been waiting for this one all year, cars done and clutch fried...

I have a new LUK clutch in garage and need to know FAST what flywheel you are using in a blown car? I have a Roe blower with 8lbs pulley, later connected to a NX.

Standard Dodge steel one or one of those Fidanza or other light 18-19lbs flywheels????

I try to order it tomorrow or latest Monday, so any FAST advise is more than appreciated!!!!!

Thanks guys.

Satan lives in my garage.... :evilmad:

Lauri

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have been using Fidanza with Center Force clutch.
Very happy until now.
Though in city sometimes under 1500rpm my engin hesitates a little.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have a really nice light chromoly flywheel setup (just like the Comp Coupe) that seem to hold up better than the
aluminum types. In stock for $399.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id call tator but i think he's gonna tell ya to use the stock one. its not as heavy as some people think it is. and you are NOT gonna need it to be any lighter with the roe and NX

GTS Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"its not as heavy as some people think it is"

I thought stock was approx. 34lbs. and the Fidanza is 17 lbs......thats alot

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Venom 700 came with a Alumunum Flywheel which reduced rotating mass 30+ pounds. It allows higher RPM launchs ,(reduced rotating mass /inertia) thus LOWER ET's than with the heavy stock.

If you want to breakem loose at low RPM's for show than go with stock.

Tf you want to launch fast and see the RPM's in each gaer snap up faster due to less mass than go with Aluminum like all road and pro drag racers use.

:2tu:

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id call tator but i think he's gonna tell ya to use the stock one. its not as heavy as some people think it is. and you are NOT gonna need it to be any lighter with the roe and NX

Yep, Chuck seemed to prefer a stock. Sounds like the issue is spooling up much faster with light flywheel, therefore lighting up tires much easier.
Since we have so many with light flywheels, I may go with light one. I do love the diesel train like torque stoker does, maybe the lighter flywheel will give me instead a quicker spooling and gear to gear times...

Thanks guys for the help, I was not sure if this was a combo widely used, but it looks like there are several out there.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fidanza flywheel/3:45 rear end the last 30,000 miles. No issues whatsoever. Since mid-April..... 5 pound Roe. Great combo I think - 4000 miles so far.

Steve

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I call parking lot cam lope....the jerking a cammed car will do at a neutral throttle position is worse with a lighter flywheel. Especially in first gear, low speed.
Cammed car also = stock gen2 cam. The Roe s/c seems to make it worse too.
Anyway, I have tryed the light weight flywheel and went back to stock. Don't some of the reeeeal fast cars run a stock flywheel ?? Save your money and get one of these guys stocker that has been moved to shelf duty.
Or .... I will sell you a Spec aluminum with one month of use.
http://www.specclutch.com/

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have high lift Cam on Venom 700 with a loping idle which has the similar sound to the 60' HEMI .

The Reduced Reciprocating Weight make the RPM rocket up faster mare like a Ferrari / Lambo (short stroke) rather than to me what I descibe as Truck like throttle reponse with a stock flywheel.

I love the loping idle of a high lift/high overlap cam
I am turning mid 9's on motor alone with virtually minimal driveability issues.

I would never go back to the stock ever again. :headbang:

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I have high lift Cam on Venom 700 with a loping idle which has the similar sound to the 60' HEMI .

The Reduced Reciprocating Weight make the RPM rocket up faster mare like a Ferrari / Lambo (short stroke) rather than to me what I descibe as Truck like throttle reponse with a stock flywheel.

I love the loping idle of a high lift/high overlap cam.

DITTO! :2tu:

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know this product?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-02-DODGE-VIPER-RT10-GTS-ACR-CHROMOLY-FLYWHEEL-19-LBS_W0QQitemZ150004417563QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is made out of chrome moly, the gears are milled into the flywheel, instead of pressed. All tuners are out on vacation, so looks like I cannot even find a used stock flywheel. I'm leaning towards this one more than fidanza (aluminum). Any feedback?

Chuck Tator took care of my slavecylinder assembly today, THANKS CHUCK!!!

7 days to Carlisle and car in pieces... :curse:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love the loping idle of a high lift/high overlap cam

Sorry to hijack the thread but we need to hear more about this mid nine N/A car ??? A time slip would be nice too. Are you the N/A record holder for a 6 speed Viper ?
p.s. Mine rockets up faster then a Ferrari / Lambo with a stock flywheel and stock motor ;) Big difference in a built n/a motor compared to a stock cammed Roe car.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-02-DODGE-VIPER-RT10-GTS-ACR-CHROMOLY-FLYWHEEL-19-LBS_W0QQitemZ150004417563QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is made out of chrome moly, the gears are milled into the flywheel, instead of pressed. All tuners are out on vacation, so looks like I cannot even find a used stock flywheel. I'm leaning towards this one more than fidanza (aluminum). Any feedback?

Looks nice, cheap. Get it and let us know. Weigh it before install too.

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks nice, cheap. Get it and let us know. Weigh it before install too.

OK. I just bought it. Should be here on Wednesday, show on Friday-Saturday, this gets a bit too close.

Thanks for all the help!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hijack the thread but we need to hear more about this mid nine N/A car ??? A time slip would be nice too. Are you the N/A record holder for a 6 speed Viper ?

Hello ????????????????????

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony:

you are like the hawk waiting in the trees for the unsuspecting bunny rabbit.

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you get your car together in time. It seems like express mail.

I had some questions about my Viper. I have spent 7 years improving the car in more ways than I can easily list and more money than the car cost in mods at John H and Lingenfelter, etc;
(1) Mass Reduction of more than 400++ pounds in drag race
form due to Carbon Fiber Hood, Fascias, seats, Lexan rear window, etc,etc,
(2) Obviously ,running Line Lock, Skinnies , and Slicks in enlarged rear wheelwells.
(3)Was not satisfied with John H , so sent to Lingenfelter to do extensive internal polisihing of intake , optomize head flow , stroker, incease CR ,etc,etc,

I have drag raced for over 40 years starting with a Pontiac 421 Super Duty. The last thirty years as an OEM Executive resources to use my drag racing experience to refine my car with a lot one-off suspension parts etc to get it to launch /squat well.

I look forward to meeting all of you at VO9 and running my toy at the local strip.

:usa: Hope you all enjoy July 4 . :usa:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62