Ever see a viper flip?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was checking out videos from viper the TV show on you tube and ran across this one. I like how Joe and the other guy watch the RT/10 fly and all they say is "oh.."
video

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hah! Cool, I've never seen that episode! Must have been remote controlled, eh?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. That is too funny. I remember that episode. This was the last season when they had fired the old driver, Thomas Cole because he blew up the Viper/Defender to kill the murderer that was loose. They started interviewing new drivers for the project and then just decide to go with the old driver from season one because no one could drive like him. Ahhh, memories.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was flippin' cool... and sad at the same time.

Look carefully, it's really a GenII with Gen1 side-sills. The exhaust clearly comes out the back in the flip scene.

I wish that series came out on DVD also, I only remember seeing the first season as a teenager.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a Gen I suspension to me. Maybe a Euro version with rear exhaust.

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This one is just a bit more realistic. Caution: Adult language.
Viper Flip

Did the guy bottom out or did he get a flat??? I better go adjust my shocks!
If I remember correctly, it was actually the opposite-the rear end lifted, shifted over, and came down-propelling the car into the boulder which caused it to flip end over end.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"somehow it actually happens:"

What are you talking about? That's one of those turtle Vipers. All you do is flip it back over and it works fine. On the other hand it May just be feigning death to snare its prey. Whatever it is, do not rub its undercarriage or the right rear wheel will start trying to scratch the drive train.