Penske setup

W. SKAF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thinking to lower my 2005 Mamba and someone recommended the Penske setup over the Moton, have any one used or have any information on Penske, i personally never heard of it, the cost installed is about $4200 please help

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a few years but Erik Messley (EMI Racing) was Paul Mumford's right-hand man and preferred Penske over all the other shocks.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My nieghbor has them on his SRT-10. Valaya installed it and he likes it. Looks like good stuff....not quite Motons but good stuff just the same.

SRT10Mike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you ask Ted @ Valaya Racing, he will recommend Penske over Moton's everyday. His recommendation comes from race experience too. I think it's good to have different setups to choose from.

I don't think you will go wrong either way, as the stock suspension is dreadful. (IMHO)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are many set-ups out there, and we happen to prefer the Motons for a couple of reasons:
1. More race experience on the Gen III Vipers than any other system ( Comp Coupes run them )
2. Great support and this is needed for the customer's piece of mind.
3. Our personal view that they give the best ride and adjustment.

They are usually a bit more, but not much, and they do have the most recognized name among Viper afficianados, so this may help a bit more when it comes time to sell the Snake.

Respectfully,

Bill Pemberton

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can lend some experience from roadracing motorcycles. Penske is a very established name in motorcycle and open wheel racing. Very high quality, american made, and great racer support. Rivals Ohlins, the highest quality shock manufacturer in the world (take a look at F1 and Ohlins is everywhere).