Seat lowering kit

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is included in the seat lowering kit? Just got all the service work copies from the prior owner of my Viper and a seat lowering kit has been installed.

I am short 5'6" and I would like to raise seat back up. Does anyone have "seat raising" kit? I would like to buy one if you do. Thanks

Mark Daniels

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you need to remove your kit's rails and replace them with oem rails. It's likely the lowering kit is the Northwind kit (either the 1" or 2"). Make sure to keep them for resale as they're quite popular.

You can easily determine which kit is installed by determining if the seat will adjust foward and back. If it does, you've got the 1" kit.

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mark,

I am in need of the exact item you are wanting to remove from your car. (As long as it's the 2'' kit) If you are intrested in selling let me know.

Thanks!

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it turns out you need the stock rails and can't get them from the previous owner let me know and I will try to dig up mine for you.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the lowering kit you have is the 1" kit, I'll swap you +cash. Are your seats still adjustable, or are they fixed in place?

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mad0953 - It looks like the seat lowering kits are different for 92-96 RT/10 and the true Gen 2 Vipers. That would probably mean that the seat rails will be different so you will probably want to make sure you find a Gen 2 rail.

If anyone has a used Gen1 lowering kit I would be interested.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper