(PICS) of the new footwell sub and stereo.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Some pics of the new footwell sub and stereo. 1 problem any help?

wow nice setup, that system must be loud!

how do you keep the subs from getting crushed if someone puts their feet there?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very nice install. What did you do for rear imaging?

OP
OP
G

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

nothing was needed for such a small cabin, the sound from the front envelopes you

Not worried about anyone every crushing the subs no one ever sit there except the girl and she knows better :evilmad: :nono: :curse:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

did ya lose MUCH foot room ?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Sound in motion in Brighton MA this thing F'n rocks even with the top off at over 100 the stereo is as loud as the motor.

I like the amp and crossover locations. The sub in the footwells, hmm.. not sure on that, but enjoy the system I'm sure its sweeeeet.

OP
OP
G

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lost maybe four or five inches from the sub and two behind the seat. Having the sub in the footwell creates a megaphone effect. It's like in home audio where the more flat surfaces you place you powered sub in the louder it is. In a roadster or convertible trunk mounted subs don't do too much without alot of cone suface and/or power. The GTS hatch totally different story

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great looking system Congrats :2tu:
I would love to hear how that sounds but I'm still not sure if that is the direction I want to take or not. I love listing to the motor but on a longer trip I think that would be awesome; the stock stereo setup is awful so I hardly ever turn it on :confused: .

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting a footwell sub box made also, BUT were facing the side towards the footwell so it will have something to bounce the bass off of and eliminate the cone effect. I hear by doing this is will make the sub hit alot harder! What component speakers do you have in your doors?

OP
OP
G

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an Alpine cda9855 deck with a Phoenix gold ZX475 amp, Dor speakers are MB Quarts premiums and a JL audio 8W3. You will lose alot more foot space if face the sub to the floor, also I would be skeptical that it would be any louder than this becase bass is omnidirectional. the further the wave can travel the louder it is, if you bounce it off the inside off the foot well you will have to have a port for the wave to come back, just an opinion, but good luck with whichever way you go

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you have fit a 10" in that box? It looks like theres enough room.
How much bass do you have, is it LOUD and does it hit hard? Or is it just kind of decent bass? I've never heard a footwell sub in a viper and i want my sh** to bump lol.

OP
OP
G

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes we could have fit a 10 with alot more work almost double the labor time, not worth the difference. and yes the system pounds with all types of music, much more than I expected.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent you a PM. I'm intrested in buying this box enclosure also and testing both of them to see which one really works better. Facing towards the passenger, or facing into the footwell? If you could give me the contact info i'd appreciate it thanks!