License Plate Frame

VenomViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out where to buy a License plate frame for the SRT? I bought one and it doesnt fit....it's almost like the space is flush against the edges of the plate...

any ideas would be appreciated...

Thanks!

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple works best for me. I bought a dozen of those cheap plastic frames for $1 each from Pep Boys online. I use rubber plumbing washers to space the plate out from the car a little and mount it all with black hex bolts. Looks clean.(not the car, its dirty)

5437Lic_Plt-med.JPG

W. SKAF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would not use a license frame if i was you, i would just put the plate without a frame but make sure to put a rubber washer on every hole all 4 corners on the back of the license plate to avoid any scraches, if you use a frame you will eventually get scraches

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MGW frame is at least 3/8 thick and bolts to the trunk lide in the four corners. No way it could even move let alone scratch the car.

OP
OP
V

VenomViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
since you always need a plate...last thing I am worried about is scratches behind it...

what did annoy me is to realize that the boot scratches the car because brilliant dodge uses HARD plastic that is rough on the bottom to touch the car....the boot shifts just a little when driving and opening/closing trunk...sure enough 4 tiny scratches at each corner.....you wonder where the common sense goes sometimes

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a chrome MGW plate frame with the locking screw things, minus the tool for removal. $50 shipped if anyone wants it.
:)
$75 if Venom wants it.
:laugh:

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a chrome MGW plate frame with the locking screw things, minus the tool for removal. $50 shipped if anyone wants it.
:)
$75 if Venom wants it.
:laugh:

I will take it. But how do I get it on & off if I don't have the tool for those weird screws??

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno, that MGW looks way to cheap and just not clean enough for the Viper. I much prefer a sold black or chrome frame with covers for the screws.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno, that MGW looks way to cheap and just not clean enough for the Viper. I much prefer a sold black or chrome frame with covers for the screws.
The last thing any MGW product would be is cheaply made, they are solid billet aluminum and beautiful. Best products on the market in their Viper stuff.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last thing any MGW product would be is cheaply made, they are solid billet aluminum and beautiful. Best products on the market in their Viper stuff.

No doubt about that, they may be bulletproof. But they look like they are homemade and un finished.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Homemade and unfinished? You have never seen one in person. That couldnt be further from the truth.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Homemade and unfinished? You have never seen one in person. That couldnt be further from the truth.

Indeed i have. Seem them many times actually. Few cars at DLM and some cars at Viper meets. It seems most folks have them since there are not really any other Viper Licence plate frames. I wish they would make a nice frame like Mercedes or BMW sell that look very clean with nice covers for all the screws.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who needs screw covers when you can purchase nice looking stainless steel fasteners from MGW that require a special screw driver tip to remove the plate.

The frame must be miled from a black of metal. It is extrmely high quality and the finish is amazing. You have to see it in person to appreciate.

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who needs screw covers when you can purchase nice looking stainless steel fasteners from MGW that require a special screw driver tip to remove the plate.

$15 for 4 fasteners that don't even come in black or chrome... :rolleyes:

They really should come standard with the frame and have a finish that matches.

FWIW, for those that need a security bit: Do a search for "security bit set" on eBay. You can find 100pcs sets for $7.99 that contains all the bits you ever need.

Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32