HVAC controls

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the HVAC controls are basically a joke, but I've been meaning to ask this for a while and never got around to it.

On my fan speed control, it seems to have 3 options. Low, medium, high. However, my knob clearly turns to 4 different locations (1 after the "hi" setting)??

On the "position selector", to the left shows 2 options: Vent out of the center vents and the snowflake for the AC. But, my knob goes to 3 different positions (1 after the 'snowflake' location)? To the right of the "Off" location is 3 different options and the knob only goes to those 3, so i know the knob isnt on incorrectly or anything. Somebody explain please :confused:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The position to left of the AC, should be Max AC, where the cabin air is recirculated to provide faster, more effecient cooling.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10SpeedLuvr, is that what happens? The '96 manual doesn't show vent doors that would seem to allow that. Intake air to the blower can only arrive via the hood. (It's because I'm doubting the manual, not you or ViperJohn.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth