For those of you who were wondering what a

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
do-it-yourself supercharger install looked like...

went a little bit further because I had to replace the head gaskets and I upgraded my valve spring kit

It has been about 2 months since I have driven the car, but a special thanks to Alan's Performance for helping me get a custom built radiator for an early GenI

You must be registered for see images

the guy to the left is my fiance... the guy to right won the DHRA Pro Street Diesel class last year - The install has taken a little longer than expected but that's because they only have about 2 hours to work each night - The good news is they have their own shop with plenty of tools or it would be taking a lot longer!

If you need high performance work done a diesel... he is the man to call!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper looks so pitiful all taken apart like that...I know Mr. Hemi Head did his own install in his garage as well, and it looks amazing and runs like a scalded dog. Is this a "past picture" since the S/C is already listed in your sig?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MAN.........I loose parts and can't remember where stuff goes just taking the airbox off. I can't imagine having all of those parts laying around!
LOL!

Good luck!

OP
OP
V

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The supercharger is not on yet... this pic was taken last night. The heads had to cleaned and they plan on putting the heads back on tonight. Hopefully the supercharger will be completely installed by Sunday night. The **** Injection kit and Vec2 have already been wired for the most part so it should not take too much longer.

I will post some more pictures as they continue with the process.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why didnt you do a cooling system upgrade with a overflow as well as resevour tank instead of the crappy early gen 1 style?

OP
OP
V

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well Alan's Performance sent my old radiator off and had one customed designed for what they thought would be best. It's the triple pass and I've heard great things about the ones he sells so we'll see how it goes. The style did actually change a little from the one that originally came in the car.

I am curious to see how the temperature is after everything is installed. From what I have heard the **** injection helps cool and I did get the 172 degree thermostat and radiator hose kit from roe racing.

We'll see... anything is better than what I did have!

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
triple bypass is going to help, but **** will not help you driving in hot city traffic at 30mph, that is where these cars get hot. The 94 + cars had and expansion tank instead of a rad cap as well as better fans. It gave more capacity and the fans had more CFM of air flow. You may want to look into getting the single fan instead of the duel fans.

OP
OP
V

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the info

I have looked at the single fan, but the set-up I have now looks like I would have to do a good bit of cutting to swap out.

if it gets too hot I might have to do it anyway

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
viperchick12, GOOD LUCK with the install and let us know how you like it when you get the chance to drive it again!

“VIPER CHICKS” I like the sound of that (without the fiancé part
;)

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How will you tune the beast? What # pulley are you using?

The S/C alone is fairly easy to tune but with W/M it can be a challenge.

The VEC software and a good A/F meter wired into the VECII is a must have.

There are several of us on this forum that have installed the RoeS/C with W/M and tuned it so if you have any questions just ask. :2tu: