Dropped price on 01 GTS!

DesertSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it seems like Albuquerque is a tough place to sell a snake because I have a fantastic example and haven't gotten as many inquiries as expected. Maybe it's the fact that we're out in the middle of desert with no major cities within several hundred miles?

As a result, I'm dropping the price from $51k to $49.5k, which should cover shipping to most places. I've taken great care of this car and it deserves a new loving owner!

http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_classifieds_gts.htm
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=199179032

Thanks!
Brian

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From a buyers perspective, since I am looking to buy a Viper in March/April. For a 2001 with 20k miles is much more than the other Vipers on the market.
I am looking for a 2002 Final Edition, but one of the things I am looking for is low milage. I would guess the higher mile's on your Viper versus other Vipers is what is slowing the sale. To me I would rather pay more for a car that has less miles than pay less to buy a car with a lot of miles on it. I think the Average milage on a 01 Viper right now is like 12k to 18k miles. Not that 22k is a lot of miles but it is all comparison to what is available.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean DS. I have mine for sale as well and no takers. I am averaging 1 call a day and have had 3 people come look. Everybody wants the car but nobody has the money! Good luck with the sale it is a beauty.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to say, I have to agree with you on this. I recently sold my 2002 GTS with 18k miles and I had a TOUGH time mainly due to milege. Perhaps that's what prospective buyer is using to negotiate but I can't deny the fact that many buyers were going with under 10k mile Viper rather than my "high milege" viper. I still ended up getting a good price but it took awhile to sell.

From a buyers perspective, since I am looking to buy a Viper in March/April. For a 2001 with 20k miles is much more than the other Vipers on the market.
I am looking for a 2002 Final Edition, but one of the things I am looking for is low milage. I would guess the higher mile's on your Viper versus other Vipers is what is slowing the sale. To me I would rather pay more for a car that has less miles than pay less to buy a car with a lot of miles on it. I think the Average milage on a 01 Viper right now is like 12k to 18k miles. Not that 22k is a lot of miles but it is all comparison to what is available.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
these cars take awhile to sell unless your giving it away. there are just not that many buyers in the pool like there would be for say, a Honda accord. I think listing a clean well priced (aka not giving it away) 01-02 (haven't fully depreciated yet) for 1 year or so would be acceptable. Look how many brand new 04/05 vipers are still on the lot.

20k miles on a viper is nothing. the 100k+mile car i tested out still had a new motor as far as the leak down & compression & dyno was concerned. the only thing your buying with low miles is less wear on the stock parts, that in most cases would be replaced with mods anyway.

although not many people think of this: selling a car of this price as a "person to person sale" basically means the buyer needs to pay cash, or get a service like e-loan that allows person to person purchases. with higher interest of course. dealer to person sales have lower interest rates & are way easier loans to get.

the reason I am posting this is I was very serious about buying this car from Brian. we talked on the phone & i was going to fly out last week or so. the issue was the e-loan check takes 7-10 days to clear & it wasn't acceptable for Brian to wait for it while i drove home with his car. We stopped the deal because of this. A week later I ended up buying a local car using my credit union, we just walked into the branch & he took a check from the credit union that day.

Brian's car is very clean & he is a very stand-up guy. first rate car at that price.

good luck on the sale! :nana:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 100,000 mile 01 GTS that sold for less than $34k has put a real dent in the market for 22,000 mile Vipers selling for $49.5k

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget the 99 GTS that will sell for 36K in the teens... (Rebuilt title though)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456