My New 2006 SRT Coupe

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my new SRT 2006 Viper Coupe two weeks ago from Elite Motors in Jonesboro Ar for way under invoice. I drove both the viper and a new 2006 ZO6. I chose the viper because of the sporty look, over all quality, ride ,etc etc etc ,and it had more torque. That 2nd gear is awesome.

I am extremely pleased with my viper. I live in a small town and you see a lot of Corvette's around but no Vipers. Every where I go people ask questions and want a closer look.

A friend told me that I was to old to drive such a car. I told him it makes me feel 50 yrs younger. I took him for a ride and when he got out he said "Whew -see what you mean-Ime getting me one". ;)

Its a fantastic sports car-cant wait to get in it and push the red button and shake rattle and roll :)

11160100_4426_edited-1-med.jpg

11160100_4428_edited-1-med.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never liked blue color on my cars, but this is a beautiful blue. I plan to do some interior mods.

I do have the MGW First Strike Shift race knob but I still would like to have a shorter more precise throw so I ordered a blueprinted Mopar Hurst short shifter from Robbie Racer. Should get the shifter any day.

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new Viper!!!

Never been a blue fan but when I saw this one in person it changed my mind.

I had a new Z06 for a month and decided it was not what I was looking for. My paticular Z had the nasty habit of swinging the rear end out to the right under acceleration. After 2 attempts at a 4 wheel alignment it was better but still squirrelly. I find the Viper to be more predectable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
06 Blue/Silver Coupe
05 Yellow SRT10 (gone)
03 Red SRT (gone)
02 Graphite GTS (gone)
97 Red GTS (gone)

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for comments

Steve T-Your right-the one I drove was a little squirrelly also-Be interesting ,since you had a Z06, to hear your comparisions on power and torque etc.

The only incident I had (this was my fault)-right after I got the Viper I was not watching shift light ,and high rpm hit the rev limiter, the power cut off and when I went wot again the rear got a little loose. :shocked: Believe me I do pay attention to limiter now.

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have changed my name from Blue Streak to Hiss-didnt realize another member had the same name.

I would like to see some interior mods in other vipers. I am thinking about painting the front dash around meters and gear shifter the same color blue as Viper. I see stainless and silver color but have not run across blue.

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Hiss,
Call Jeff at Roanoke Motors. He is the parts manager and can get you a blue bezel and dash panel. The painter does an excellent job. Their # is 888-357-7171.

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks - will call

Wish some one with bezel and dash panel painted viper blue would post a pic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456