Need a part number

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to track down the part # for the small round plastic covers that cover the screws that hold down the scuff plate (the part that the interior carpet tucks up under) on my RT. My buddy has an 01' RT and his has them, but my 96' does not. I ordered from Dodge but the covers they got in were the larger ones that cover the holes in the black piece of plastic that is mounted to the top of the side sills. Dodge told me if I order again, it'll be non-returnable, so I want to be sure of the part # and they aren't much help. Even if 96's didnt come with them, I'm pretty sure they would fit even if I order for an 01' model. Can I assume I'm correct in that assumption? The guy at Dodge said for an 01', he THINKS the part # is MB68DX9, but I want to be sure before I order. TIA!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad,

I just got some from Dodge for my 97. How many do you need? It was kinda cool because I emailed Tator's Dodge to get the number and I'll be damned if the Wizard himself didn't call me at work to give me the #. Said any Dodge place could order them. Took one day to get mine. If you only need one I have got it. If not I'll go home at lunch and get the number. Tator will probably get it for you before I go to lunch tho.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad,

Using the link from Tom above I believe the parts you need are # 484888AA, I remember now that this is the part # that I got from Chuck Tator. They fit my 97.

Mark

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad,

Using the link from Tom above I believe the parts you need are # 484888AA, I remember now that this is the part # that I got from Chuck Tator. They fit my 97.

Mark

Thats the part # they ordered for me the 1st time that isnt correct. Looking at the online parts diagram (and Dodge's computer) thats correct, but its not. The 484888AA part # is for the larger plugs for the piece made onto the top of the side sill (completely covered when doors are shut). I need the covers for the scuff plate (on interior of car, still visible when doors are shut) screws. The diagram is the scuff plate, but the part # for the covers is incorrect. Looking at an 01-02 Viper, it looks like the part # is MB68DX9. I'm thinking 92-00 didnt have those plugs, but 01-02 do. But I bet the 01-02 covers will fit. I'll try to get some pics of what I need after work today and post.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Wiz. I ordered one from Dodge today. As soon as it comes in and I verify that they will fit a 96', I'll buy the other 7. I only ordered one because if they don't fit for some reason, I only lose the $$ on one ($3) as compared to money on a full set.