Eagle Talon vs Viper GTS must see (vid)

metroacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Modified Eagle Talon vs Dodge Viper GTS. Apparently a few guys here in my town hunted down a fellow viper guy and wanted to race him with his talon. Lemme hear your thoughts on this

Viper Race

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tell him to try a non-stock Viper. The talon is still a P.O.S. at the end of the race.

OP
OP
M

metroacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The talon is still a P.O.S. at the end of the race."

thats exactly what i was thinking! haha

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
WOW!!! I think I'll sell my modded Viper or trade for that Talon if the owner will do it. How much cash plus my car in trade? :rolleyes:

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their generation has become nothing more than a bunch of arrogant punks. They live at home with mommy and daddy so they can pour all their money into some POS import. If the Viper won do you think they would have posted the video? The Viper's front bumper was even with the Talons rear bumber, I'd hardly consider that a spankin'.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can mod the hell out of any car and beat a stock viper. In the end, you still don't have a car with the presence like the viper.

Nice to see people still use a viper as a measuring stick though.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their generation has become nothing more than a bunch of arrogant punks. They live at home with mommy and daddy so they can pour all their money into some POS import . If the Viper won do you think they would have posted the video? The Viper's front bumper was even with the Talons rear bumber, I'd hardly consider that a spankin'.

Eagle was a company owned by chrysler for the american market.

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Metroacr:

Where are you from? I hope not AZ, because I know a few people in AZ that would not mind showing that guy what a Viper is all about. In fact, I think I might be about their age and my car is a blue and white also. Just as long as we do it from a roll, cause I **** big time from a stand still. LOL

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And your not embaraced of posting this stuff anywhere?

You have a built all wheel drive talon with a t4 and you managed to beat a stock viper by 1 car length?

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper can do this every day, it wont be long before that turbo talon's engine is in little pieces all over the highway. :nono:

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um, it was a half ass race, where the talon probably jumped the line. That and whos to say the viper wouldnt of flew right by the talon 2 seconds after he his the brakes?

I raced my 13 second camaro vs. my friends 14 second altima on video. I had a bad launch and his altima actually beat me to the camera, he froze video just like that showing that he beat me just to be funny, but in real life as soon as the camera unpaused i flew by him and pulled 3 cars in a second.

Bad video, doesnt prove anything.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st let me point out the obvious!

This Video is NOT a must see. It is nothing but your normal, silly-little video of a guy that races all the time, challenging someone who really doesn't want to race to a race. Acting like an AS$$ from the get go, etc, etc.

On a side note, if you listen intently, you will hear the Viper miss both 2nd and 3rd gear in that race, as well as, hit the brakes a bit early, as he was definately winning the entire race! :D

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a reason they don't make those Talons anymore. They were just a step above a fwd econo box in the first place and if I poured tons of money into a fwd piece of puke like that I could beat a poorly driven Viper with my Mom's Civic.

I think it just shows that some people don't have clue what a true muscle car is made of.....their loss.

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had DSM cars in the past. Very stout engines, actually. As we all know, any car can be made silly fast with enough time and money. Once you get a S/C or TT on a viper, though, pretty much everything fades away. I have no animosity towards the *** crowd. In fact, I DD an eg hatch B18C1. However, not much merit to the video for a number of reasons... :buttkick:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Some corrections and (respectful) thoughts on TALON DNA in the VIPER!:

EAGLE was a brand name, produced first by American Motors. The brand rights were aquired in the Chrysler aquisition of AMC in 1989 (?) The Eagle brand resurrected, and in fact, TWO PARTS migrated straight onto 1992-2000 Vipers.

The engine manager (CB) of EAGLE went to Viper in '90 as #2 man to (Jim R.) succeeeding to #1 GTS engine guy when Jim died too young of cancer.

Also: The chief engineeer (NH) on the Viper GTS-R (ORECA, not replica), the Saleen S-7, and then the Ford GT40/GT, and now Mercedes-McClaren, came from the CHRYSLER TALON FACTORY RACE programs, straight to VIPER...and now beyond.

What I recall of the Talon is that it was built in Normal Illinois, on Mitsu running gear.....and grew out of the Challenger (!) import family, as well as the Stealth. I did know of some 700HP AWD Talons that were killer-fast.

The TALON was SCCA class champ 3 years running, pre 1991 as I recall.

Be careful who you bash..........it may be a cousin!

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And after all that all he had was the same POS Talon. Sigh.

Moral of the story:
I'd rather loose a race and go home with a Viper than win a race and go home with THAT POS!

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1MEANSNAKE......now that was funny! LOL! I think that when you start your engine, his car will fall to pieces from the ground shake.

JonB....I think that you are correct in your statements.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1MEANSNAKE......now that was funny! LOL! I think that when you start your engine, his car will fall to pieces from the ground shake.

JonB....I think that you are correct in your statements.

None the less...the kid was a punk when he was talking...most likely *** also with his music he put to the video...which was horrible besides the race.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder how many people run up to this guy at gas stations and say "OH MY GOD! IS THAT AN EAGLE TALON!?"

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is hysterical how much time and energy that guy put into that video. A very proud moment in his life indeed.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what more can i add to this thread that has not already been said. how bout this: at the end of the day the viper still gets more chix :nana:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree - very weak video - proved nothing. total waste of time.

if the viper did happen to lose, so what. the viper owner still won - he didnt go home in an eagle talon.

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I started years ago with a Talon. They can be made very quick, as John Shepherd is currently running 7.9 seconds in the 1/4. At the end of the day they are still Talons. I remember when I had mine running 12's I thought it was the quickest car on the planet. I also talked smack about a local Viper at the time, only because I never imagined I would ever own one at that point in my life. Then I matured some and got a better job, now I have a GTS and know what lifes all about!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I started years ago with a Talon. They can be made very quick, as John Shepherd is currently running 7.9 seconds in the 1/4. At the end of the day they are still Talons. I remember when I had mine running 12's I thought it was the quickest car on the planet. I also talked smack about a local Viper at the time, only because I never imagined I would ever own one at that point in my life. Then I matured some and got a better job, now I have a GTS and know what lifes all about!

heh heh, "evolution" at work! (wink)

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHA thats a funny video. Some little skinny geek talkin smack. OOh so he beat a stock Viper and its not like he even beat him bad or anything. The viper could have spun the tires, talon could have got the jump on him, theres a bunch of scenerios that could have happened, and angles we didnt see. To close to talk smack about. He wasent even pullin on the Viper. Weak little video just like that lil guy in it. I'd race that lil fella for a few G's, and beat his little a$$.
I will give him props for making a talon run 12's but thats not fast its quick. Come around where i live and tons of cars will eat him for lunch. 12's isnt quick at this day and age, i'm running 10's in both my Viper and my 91 Mustang GT and they still arent fast enough. I've beat several Vipers in my Stang, before i got my Viper. BUT thats because i had alot more done to my Mustang than a stock Viper. Not a big deal its compairing apples to oranges as far as racing stock vs. modded against eachother.
NOW put that moded talon up against a moded Viper and GOODNIGHT little Talon because he would get his a$$ kicked!