My first Viper drive...

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I finally got to drive a Viper SRT-10. It was a 2005 and it was red. I've been a vendor for the local Dodge dealership taking photos for the Internet for a year now, and I've been waiting for a used Viper to come in the entire time. I posted earlier about seeing a Viper driving through town, and it turned out to be the Viper I got to drive.
Impressions:
The sound inside is a little more quiet then I was expecting with the top and windows up, but with the windows down it was a nice volume.
Looking over the fenders from behind the wheel is amazing. You know your driving something special when you can see the fenders like that.
I've heard on the board a few times that the Viper isn't the easiest car to drive, the clutch is heavy, shifting is a pain (with the stock shifter) and other small issues. After the very short drive (just around the lot) I can say that driving is much easier then I expected. The clutch in my 1985 Prelude is a lot worse then the Viper. I loved the feel of the whole thing, no problems in drive or reverse, I just wish I had the permission to drive it more.
Pictures:
8832DSCF0007-med.JPG

8832DSCF0006-med.JPG

8832DSCF0003-med.JPG

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrads man, I got my first Viper ride a few months back.... I know EXACTLY what you mean about the fenders... It is amazing

10130100_43561-med.JPG

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only question is, "When are you picking it up and taking it home ?" I think that you have just been bitten and don't realize it yet.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned the thing about the fenders, the first time i was a passanger in my friends viper i realized how much those fenders stick out while driving and it was just a cool feeling to see them while driving, week after that i went and got a Viper! lol

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The view from the drivers seat (06 FE) remind me of the fenders on my 1969 Corvette.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats - the first time you drive one is always very special!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard on the board a few times that the Viper isn't the easiest car to drive, the clutch is heavy, shifting is a pain (with the stock shifter) and other small issues. After the very short drive (just around the lot) I can say that driving is much easier then I expected. The clutch in my 1985 Prelude is a lot worse then the Viper. I loved the feel of the whole thing, no problems in drive or reverse, I just wish I had the permission to drive it more.

Congratulations on the first drive. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

As for the clutch. The clutch in the SRT vs. the GEN I & II's is night a day. A lot easier in the SRT's and driving overall is a lot easier.

OP
OP
N

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congratulations on the first drive. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

As for the clutch. The clutch in the SRT vs. the GEN I & II's is night a day. A lot easier in the SRT's and driving overall is a lot easier.

I had a feeling that may be the case, I guess I'll just have to find me a Gen II to drive now!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave