PREFIX Open House and Pre-Dream Cruise Car Show

Prefix Corporation

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix would like to invite everyone to our open house and pre-dream cruise car show on Thursday August 17, 2006. Below is the event flyer and if there are any questions or you wish to reserve a spot for your vehicle please send an email to the address below.

[email protected]
www.prefix.com

You must be registered for see images

We were unable to post this in the events forum so please feel free to move it if desired.

Thank you,
Prefix Corporation

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those are awesome viper pics you have there! i would love to have alot more for the registry. is that possible? thank you.

OP
OP
P

Prefix Corporation

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the three smaller images were taken in our paint facility and can be seen on our website here:
http://www.prefix.com/Paint/
click on the images for higher resolution versions.

The other is a high-res version of the one found on this site.
http://www.voi9.com/home/vipercoupe.html
We were given the right to use this image but is not ours to give out. Keep in mind this is just a preliminary rendering so to see the car in its final form come out to the open house and take all the pictures you want.

gtssnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to tell everyone that has the time to go to visit Prefix Corp. should make a huge effort to visit.
I had the pleasure to go there last week when I was in Detroit.
Prefix Corp. was a fantastic shop, spotless clean and organized. Ron took the time to show me what they do and I was totally impressed. Ron and Eric are super talented guys and really want to do a great job and make all of us happy and drive a special Viper. They showed me the quality of their hand done work on the interiors and it was amazing.

If anyone wants a truly beautiful and high end special Viper please give them your car.
Their shop was incredible and the work they are doing is real high end and with great love of our car.

This is the type of shop that any car lover would want to use.

Great Job Prefix.
Thank You Ron and Eric you are both great guys.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Prefix Open House was a great success. In case you don't know it, these are the guys who apply the stripes on the new Vipers. But that's by far not all they do -- they can trick your car out any way you want!

They're also the ones preparing the VOI raffle car.

6594Prefix_2-med.JPG

6594Prefix_21-med.JPG

Yep, that's carbon fiber . . .

6594Prefix_6-med.JPG

And, of course, if you don't want to go all that way, there's the tamer version.

6594Prefix_24-med.JPG

As a matter of fact, there are a lot of them!

6594Prefix_26-med.JPG

As gtssnake said, this operation is spotless!

6594Prefix_23-med.JPG

6594Prefix_25-med.JPG

6594Prefix_22-med.JPG

6594Prefix_17-med.JPG

But the cool way to go is to have them fix up your ride before your receive it from the dealer. Here's a little number prepared for a Wisconsin owner who ordered through Roanoke Motors.

6594Prefix_1-med.JPG

Note the wing and well done splitter, among other things. This car has had some sweet engine work done on it too.

6594Prefix_3-med.JPG

Nice little details like the snake skin stripes . . .

6594Prefix_8-med.JPG

Oh, and don't forget the interior -- these guys do nice work!

6594Prefix_5-med.JPG

That one's gone fellas, but they've got more . . .

6594Prefix_15-med.JPG

6594Prefix_16-med.JPG

And speaking of more, how about the famous carbon coupe!

6594Prefix_9-med.JPG

There's so much carbon fiber on this baby it could be a fighter jet.

6594Prefix_10-med.JPG

6594Prefix_11-med.JPG

6594Prefix_12-med.JPG

Of course it wouldn't be a Viper event without a Comp Coupe.

6594Prefix_14-med.JPG

6594Prefix_13-med.JPG

And the goodies just kept coming, here's a tricked up "Clear Coat Slate" roadster to tickle your fancy.

6594Prefix_19-med.JPG

Couldn't exist without the extremely well done snake skin interior. . .

6594Prefix_7-med.JPG

A hot little ride!

6594Prefix_18-med.JPG

Like I said, it was a terrific open house (that's SylvanSRT in the jean shorts, talking to Kim, the owner). The MCVO folks will be back out at Prefix for another tour on August 25th. It's still not too late to sign up (but it's getting VERY close to the final deadline), I highly recommend it.

6594Prefix_20-med.JPG

And no, I don't work for them -- they really are that good. :2tu:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the white/blue GT2/GTSR coupe.................
Guess i will be buying tickets this time round.....

lilfedncc06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great pics, btw what are those orange tubes in font and under the hood on the carbon edition viper?

OP
OP
P

Prefix Corporation

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,

I want to thank you all for helping make our open house the success it was. We gained much exposure within the Viper community and among other Tier One Suppliers.

I want to especially Thank Amy at MICHELIN for contributing funds and free goodie bags.

Thanks again to all who helped make this year a success.

Mark you calendars for 2007!!!!

Sincerely,
Ron Batt
Eric Foster
Kim Zeile-President/Owner

And Everyone at PREFIX

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, Ron, Eric and Kim --

You were gracious hosts, your work looks great, and we appreciate your willingness to answer all our questions.

:2tu:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To Prefix, You say in your flyer about the VCA Stone-On-White Raffle car that it comes with a 4-point harness on both seats. Who makes this harness as I have been looking to buy one to use on the street in my 2003 SRT-10? Are they street legal in all 50 states?

Robbie

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To Prefix, You say in your flyer about the VCA Stone-On-White Raffle car that it comes with a 4-point harness on both seats. Who makes this harness as I have been looking to buy one to use on the street in my 2003 SRT-10? Are they street legal in all 50 states?

Robbie

Robbie, you are so clueless its funny. No 5 point or 6 point, or 4 point racing harness has ever meen DOT approved. lol.. ACRs had 5 points and they were NOT DOT approved. In theory you could drive on the street with them all strapped in, and you could get a ticket for not wearing your seatbelt.

Ok, plz feel free continue to be clueless, normally its ok, but from a wanna-be vendor its pathetic.

Jon

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
"Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robbie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robbie, you are so clueless its funny. No 5 point or 6 point, or 4 point racing harness has ever meen DOT approved. lol.. ACRs had 5 points and they were NOT DOT approved. In theory you could drive on the street with them all strapped in, and you could get a ticket for not wearing your seatbelt.

Jon "

As I said before the flyer for the VCA raffle says the belts are 4 point harness. It does not say that the car has DOT retraint systems in it. I could not believe they would sell a car with out DOT seatbelts but I was only repeating what the flyer says.

As for "Ok, plz feel free continue to be clueless, normally its ok, but from a wanna-be vendor its pathetic."

You should learn some manners and learn to act like a gentleman.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To get back to the reason for my original question about 4, 5, 6 point harnesses on the street. I have an extreme back injury and the factory seatbelt setup does not hold me in place causing a lot of pain when conering hard. I was looking for a street legal way to better hold me in the street.

Robbie

Jon, I am sure you will find a way to flame me on the above also.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To get back to the reason for my original question about 4, 5, 6 point harnesses on the street. I have an extreme back injury and the factory seatbelt setup does not hold me in place causing a lot of pain when conering hard. I was looking for a street legal way to better hold me in the street.

Robbie

Jon, I am sure you will find a way to flame me on the above also.

Sadly, there is no DOT rated racing harnesses I know of, you may want to consider somthing like these two though:

Sparco 2" with standard buckle

As I unsderstand, the reason harnesses are not DOT is primarily the buckle mechanism, these are required to all operate similarly so emergency personal do not have issues. A second reason is the government does not want people to be adjusting their own belt tensions (require automatic belt tensioners) "for their own safety", as many would wear them to loose to do any good in an accident.

The four point harness above has a standard buckle, so that should not be an issue, still not DOT though.

If you do a search on "harness", I'm sure there are many threads on the topic.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
prefix has sewn their own/viper patches onto a set of teamtech. get the 6pts and JonB at www.partsrack.com has them they have two sets a generic, and a custom set for vipers(custom includes mounting hardware/bolts and you have color choices of belts and trim). check my gallery i have some interior shots in there somewhere.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
prefix has sewn their own/viper patches onto a set of teamtech. get the 6pts and JonB at www.partsrack.com has them they have two sets a generic, and a custom set for vipers(custom includes mounting hardware/bolts and you have color choices of belts and trim). check my gallery i have some interior shots in there somewhere.

THANKS MICHAEL!

We have numerous generic 4-point options (wont pass race-tech, much less DOT!) Auto-X ers like em, and some drivers put 4pts in for passenger side only.

PS: Remember the 1998-2000 GT2 / ACR seat Belt Harness Fed RECALL? PartsRack was the ONLY vendor allowed to provide warranty-covered harnesses outside Dodge dealers who HAD NO STOCK for 1+ years!

PPS: I hate to educate wannabee competitors , but here goes: The Feds require INERTIA REEL seatbelt takeup....and no competition harness can offer that. SOME do offer the standardized DOT buckle, but not the I-reel. And the DOT buckle does NOT meet FIA, SFI G-load MINimum guidelines. For example: The Team Tech Rotary Release actually gets tested by "Jet Sled" G-force crash tests, at loads 50+ times more serious than DOT buckles would test!

PPPS to JonA - good catch, JonB

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth