anyone looking for a CLEAN GTS?

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is "WOW". What a fanatic!!!! I thought I was bad. Gorgeous car. BTW I dig your new "title".

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's still a '98 with 20K on it, super clean or not. Hope he gets what he is asking, 55K seems a bit of a reach but who knows.

BradH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah ViperJon, I am thinking the same thing. No doubt this is a VERY clean car, but $55k for a 98 with 20k miles is well above market value.

Last week a fellow VCA member sold a very clean Red 98 with only 15k miles AND a full 4 year DC extended warranty for only $44k.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish my car looked like that! Good luck to him on the sale...that thing is beautiful.

Kelly (agrees about the high price)

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah the market will not pay that. IMO. I had a hard time selling my 98 Viper with 15K and the 4year warranty for 44K. Now, my GTS was clean but not like that. In one pic I thought I saw some dirt but it was on my monitor. LOL

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car has been on four jack stands for about 6 weeks and during that time I have done a LOT of cleaning on the underside, and let me tell you IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THIS! :(

You must be registered for see images attach

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is the real deal. The guy that owns it is a Viper super freak. He is probably one of the best Viper techs around (although not certified) and has forgotten more about exotic cars than most people have ever learned.

The car is literally almost disassembled just to clean it. It's insane. And he drives it every week. It is NOT a garage queen. He really is just that meticulous about cleaning it every time he brings it back home.

I belive he's only selling it to get a 2006 Coupe. I don't think there is any way he'd ever leave the Viper community.

The car looks AMAZING in person. The paint is so shiny it almost looks like a toy. It is by far, one of the cleanest examples of a 98 GTS ever. He almost got the $55K before, and I'm willing to bet he gets it this time (if not DAMN close).

Wish him well. A good sale on that car will keep all of our values up.

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
probably been wrecked and has all NEW parts recently installed within the last 50 miles :)

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It astounds me that for some people, there is ALWAYS something wrong. It is too new..., it is "only" a 98, it has too many miles. blah blah blah. I wish him/her luck on the sale. Looks brand new.

BradH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It astounds me that for some people, there is ALWAYS something wrong. It is too new..., it is "only" a 98, it has too many miles. blah blah blah. I wish him/her luck on the sale. Looks brand new.

It's not astounding. It's a public forum and people are posting their honest opinion, like you just did. :)

IMO some people would probably say "I hope he gets his price!" regardless of the price. You could add another $5k or $10k onto the asking price and they'd still have the same comment. This may be moreso the case with people who haven't been actively buying/selling a Viper recently and aren't as aware of curent market values.

Anyhow as far as this car, it's so outrageously clean that it's hard to say for sure exactly how much it will bring. There's nothing to compare it to except garage queens.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure that there are others who agree too. Hey...ALL Vipers are only worth 40k! Please, keep telling me my car is worthless.....please I beg of you. One person, after all, makes the market. :rolleyes:

BradH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I just read back through my recent comments and you're right. I definitely see how it could be annoying/tiresome coming from someone who doesn't own the car and is trying to find a good deal on their first one. I'll just shut up about it.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly,

We want you to get a nice car. We don't want you to pay too much either. Nobody does. There are buyers and sellers. Nobody was born owning the car. We are just on different sides of the fence...for now. I am sure that you will find the right vehicle and make a good deal on it. Lord knows that many people over pay. Your stick-to-it-ness is admirable. Not trying to be difficult here. If I see any good deals, I will pass them your way. Some day, we will probably laugh about it over a couple of beers.

What type of GTS are you looking for? Year? Let us know....more eyes are better. That is what the club is about.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Honestly,

We want you to get a nice car. We don't want you to pay too much either. Nobody does. There are buyers and sellers. Nobody was born owning the car. We are just on different sides of the fence...for now. I am sure that you will find the right vehicle and make a good deal on it. Lord knows that many people over pay. Your stick-to-it-ness is admirable. Not trying to be difficult here. If I see any good deals, I will pass them your way. Some day, we will probably laugh about it over a couple of beers.

What type of GTS are you looking for? Year? Let us know....more eyes are better. That is what the club is about.

I agree.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i snagged alot of great pics from that auction for the registry. the car looks like it came off of the showroom floor.
Except for the wrong year rims (99 and later) and the gaudy silver badges everywhere

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope...I think we have him hooked up now(just kidding)....look at the ebay listing above. Time to take a short detour on this thread!

Pampered!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car has been on four jack stands for about 6 weeks and during that time I have done a LOT of cleaning on the underside, and let me tell you IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THIS! :(

You must be registered for see images attach

Sure, this is impressive. But unless you plan on

1.) keeping it in the garage
2.) cleaning the underside nearly every time you drive it
3.) never get caught in rain
4.) replace parts (or clean/paint) once cleaning can no longer make them look new (i.e. - look at the silver inner slots in that rotor. I have brand new take-off rotors that don't look that silver/clean. There are no brake grooves in the rotor either. Painted/resurfaced or brand new IMO.)

what good does it really do you? It doesn't take long before these suspension parts/rotors/calipers get dirty/greasy if you actually drive the car. It's inevitable. If you want it to always look this way, it will be a garage queen or detailing will be your life.

That being said, the paint/body/interior are immaculant and those are things that will help bring a premium for this bueaty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950