Clutch Questions, drove friends viper, clutch much easier to engage.....

Dieselino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2000 Steel Gray GTS and found the clutch very stiff and and I have to depress the clutch all the way to engage. Ive grinded my gears a couple times already because of this.

Well I recently drove my friends 2000 GTS. He knows that the car came with a fidanza flywheel and 355 gears but hes not sure if the clutch is stock or aftermarket.

Anyways his car was sooo much easier to shift! The clutch was alot lighter and the car was so rev happy and just felt "light" My car is comparison felt like the car has to work alot harder to get the revs up and the clutch seriously hurts the bottom of my foot when I am in traffic.

Now I know his car feels more rev happy because the light flywheel, but Im curious about the clutch. Does anyone have any ideas?

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The clutch should adjust automatically. I read somewhere when the clutch is about worn out it will get very hard to depress. It could be that or maybe it's just the clutch hydraulic fluid is low. Did you check the fluid level?

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mad953 is right with clutch adjust automatically. It sounds to me like I would first be trying to bleed it. Done the same as bleeding brakes. Air causes a pedal to be near the floor but the hard to push thing is a pressure plate problem. I would be changing out the clutch and pressure plate. Not hard to do on a Viper everything is designed to get right at the clutch..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456