big-n-itialian thanks for the update

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TEST of new Avitar!

i might as well let everyone know this too.

i am not able to actually get "IN" this website. after i create the new avatar pics for you guys, i then give the address of the new avatar to tony - a mod here.

only tony, lee and jay can really get "in" this site to do their programming work. after i give the address to tony, he then goes "in" the site and programs the address i give him to each users profile so that the avatar shows up when you want it to.

anyway, i am unable to do this is what it boils down to. i will get your new pics done as fast as i can, but we still need to wait for tony to do his programming. so please be patient. i will have already done the time consuming part, and i am trying to make tony's job as easy as possible so he can get everyone online quickly and easily. anyway, after i get your new pics turned in, you should be online by the end of the day.

old pics being changed to new pics can be edited immediately.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will drop tony an email. it is waiting on him. sorry.

if it helps, i saw it, and it looks GREAT! LOL

he probably 15+ to do now!

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big & Jim: Here are the three pics I had to play with. The high res pics that Jim will provide once coming Stateside will help a bunch...

You must be registered for see images

Pic three came out somewhat nicer than the existing avatar.

nice work - thanks todd!

your call jim, do you want me to try and use these or no?
YES SIR!
they look great. Thanks alot 01sapphireGTS, your awesome! And thanks again BIG!

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey big

what do i need to do to get a pic in my avatar?...i have several in my photo collection of my car...if that helps!

thanks

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan94rt10:

Here are two pics I pulled out of you're gallery. You can pick one for an avatar or have Big rotate them... Forward you're choice to Big, or I will be glad to do it for you.

Todd

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Big for the new updated Avatar!!

New page for the old -93 RT!

you are welcome! however, i just realize your car is going left, and in the original photo it is going right. it is easy to change if you want it to face right. i think it might look better facing right. sorry. LMK.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey big

what do i need to do to get a pic in my avatar?...i have several in my photo collection of my car...if that helps!

thanks

you have some really nice photos to work with in your gallery if you want me to create something for you? LMK.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big is you car down off the dyno yet? What was the numbers?

unfortunately it is still in the shop. seems my car doesnt want to be cooperative. as soon as one bug is worked out, another pops up. joe donovan is doing an awesome job as usual. the contest is still on, hopefully i will have the car back soon!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
excellent work todd! my instructions from the mods though tellme that avatars must be 120 x 90 pixels.

can you change it for me? thanks!

actually i just realized jim fetters are too small too. is it too late for those too?

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always make them 120 wide, but do they have to be 90 tall ? It seems most pics crop better in different heights. My avatar is 120 x 98, the one above I just did is 120 x 80. The incorrect width is what would throw the page template table into a spin. If someone posted a 300 wide avatar it would move everyone's far left member info column half way across the page (<-bad).

(I could leave more asphault and more sky to achive the added height in most cases.)

I notice that several of the avatars you do for people turn out very pixelated, (<- no offense) one reason for that is because you are locking both final dimentions in place before shrinking. In that enviroment the picture does not shrink proportionally (or symetrically). All-in-all I will do as you wish, and I can always be asked to keep my nose out of other people's avatars...

I see you are catching on to PaintPro's tool for making animated gifs. Nice job.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
todd, you are doing great and the help is appreciated! awesome job putting a sparkle in GTS-R'S picture! looks much better.

maybe one of the mods can chime in on the pix size. if you are noticing pix differences, then maybe it can be slightly off. i think something very close to the 120x90 size will keep everyone happy and nobody gets upset that one avatar is bigger than anothers.

and thanks for the tips too - no offense taken. i am man enough to admit that this is new to me and i know paint isnt the best program either. i have a better one on its way.

<< you are locking both final dimentions in place before shrinking. >>

i need to look into what that means. ;)

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously Photoshop is the premier photo manipulation software available. If I were you, I would edit the photos in Photoshop, and then (if wanted) you can animated the gifs with PaintPro.

When shrinking -> You will open a window giving you information of the picture's current pixel size. You then can resize the picture by adjusting either the height or width. When resizing you can choose to only adjust one of those dimentions and the computer adjusts the other for you proportionally, OR you can adjust both. If you adjust both it will always be the exact size you want, but will come out pixelated.

I think all we on the board are really concerned with is the width.

Feel free to phone me at 330-327-4880 if you want me to walk you through doing a re-size, that way you can see what I mean each step of the way.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big: Here are a few of you're fangs emblem...

The size changed a little so they may not fit into you're existing animation. I forget if the animation tool resizes automatically or if it will let you use images of differing sizes. I think it only works w/ one size per animation series.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big & Jim: Here are the three pics I had to play with. The high res pics that Jim will provide once coming Stateside will help a bunch...

Pic three came out somewhat nicer than the existing avatar.

nice work - thanks todd!

your call jim, do you want me to try and use these or no?
YES SIR!
they look great. Thanks alot 01sapphireGTS, your awesome! And thanks again BIG!
Ahh BIG help me! The old photo is back on my avatar? Can i get these three to rotate out?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235