big-n-itialian thanks for the update

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tony where are you? driving im sure!

i vote for new forum software so we dont need slaves to the forum to keep it running. :)

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't even need to vote, the new software we will go to shortly will allow everyone to do their own Avatar. Until then us slaves will have to keep rowing.

but then Big won't be avatar man anymore :D

Reaction score
Tony has no access any longer. He is done. Now when certain individuals cry like babies I am on level ground (while still on the higher moral ground).

1) Lee or Jay will have to add the code.
2) Once you open the gates and change things (like letting non-Owners have Avatars....you become "just another car site"
3) No, images DON'T have to be 90 pixels tall...the only thing I ever stuck to was 120 wide....other than that, common sense should prevail.

:)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, I did not think of that, good point. I happen to agree with you that only Viper owners should have Avatars. And I thought the new software would accommodate that. IE if no VIN in profile, no avatar access. I believe I will see if that is the case as I think it should be, it has always helped in knowing who you are talking to.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most forum softwares out there allow for an administrator controlled title system. so you could still have control over the titles based on VIN, Etc. or customize it a little bit so there is still an aproval process.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow awesome work guys! sorry I wasn't able to get to you earlier, I was visiting Roe Racing.

Tony I agree, however I know, I'm not saying who, some people on here with avatars and VCA membership and they have no viper.

Reaction score
1) Historically, ONLY Viper Owners have EVER had Avatars.

2) Typically, if a Viper owner gets rid of their Viper we have followed the honor system....sadly, some people have NO honor (you know who you are)...they lie, and act ingraciously.

Just because a Viper Owner who sold their Viper still has an Avatar....that doesn't then mean that it is withing the guidelines for a non-Viper Owner to have one.

Personally, I am just providing input regarding how it has been done for, oh, about 6 years or so. How the new Administration chooses to do things concerns me about as much as the price of gas (hint...I don't frickin care). :)

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey todd...or big

can you use (out the two todd chose) the one with the hood open...and switch it to the one with it closed...that would be really cool...if not just put the one in with the hood shut...thank you very much in advance!!!!!!

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan:

Big can animate the images for you or here is "just an idea" to kick around.

You must be registered for see images

Let me know if you want to make any changes...

jaydoc1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I notice that my avatar is still strangely absent...
Of course since I've only been waiting like two days and others sound like they've been waiting months or longer I don't think I'll make much of a stink about it. :D

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big & Jim: Here are the three pics I had to play with. The high res pics that Jim will provide once coming Stateside will help a bunch...

Pic three came out somewhat nicer than the existing avatar.

nice work - thanks todd!

your call jim, do you want me to try and use these or no?
YES SIR!
they look great. Thanks alot 01sapphireGTS, your awesome! And thanks again BIG!
Ahh BIG help me! The old photo is back on my avatar? Can i get these three to rotate out?

i just got back from rehabbing a house jim. i will be working on yours tonight.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tony, can you forward all the addresses back to me that i sent you please?

so who am i sending the avatar addresses to now?

give us a minute guys to figure this out .....

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2) Once you open the gates and change things (like letting non-Owners have Avatars....you become "just another car site"

i just figured this one out.

vipergts-r - you need to be a viper owner to get an avatar. sorry.

my bad. i am learning. sorry tony. i missed it. :bonker:

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey todd

that looks great...go for it just the way you have it!...with the writing on the one...and the other reversed...thanks

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i just figured this one out.

vipergts-r - you need to be a viper owner to get an avatar. sorry.

my bad. i am learning. sorry tony. i missed it. :bonker:

let me add something else here.

recently i was asked to do an avatar that promoted a business. i understand that we are all excited about our businesses, but we cant do that either, sorry.

that one i caught. :smirk: