New aftermarket wheels for my GTS...PICS

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Well after many years and going from OEM 17" to 18" I finally decided on an aftermarket wheel. Wanted to stay with 18" for performance and tire reasons and to keep weight low. Decided on Forgeline SX3s with powder/clear coated platinum silver centers, titanium fasteners and jet nuts, 18X11 F & 18X13 R. They are race proven(VRL) and weigh 23.5 & 26 lbs., F & R respectively, versus the OEM 18s at 31 & 33 lbs. There are lighter wheels out there like the VR1 and SSRs, however, I like thicker spokes and wanted to go to a equally spaced 10-spoke wheel for something different than a 5 or 6 spoke. I already lowered the car with Eibachs about 6 weeks ago in preparation and got the wheels(Thanks JonB @ PartsRack!) today and will be getting them on the car Friday. Can't wait for the new look and the chance to evaluate the performance characteristics from the reduced unsprung weight and rotating mass. Will post additional pics then...for now just the wheel. What do you think?
3005VENOM650R_PICS_010-med.jpg

3005VENOM650R_PICS_006-med.jpg

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice, very tasteful. Will look awesome, look forward to the pic's!

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice compliments guys! JUCD...you're right I can't wait to get them on the car, however, I can't get them done until Friday...DANG IT! In the meantime, I'm taking the only opportunity I'll have to put a coat of wax on the outer rims while sitting in my air conditioned house versus ouside in the 104 degree heat once they are on the car...LOL!