VCA membership

jaydoc1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, I was just curious. I faxed my membership and payment information a couple weeks ago. Should I expect any kind of response from VCA? If so, is the timeline days, weeks, months, what? :confused:

NOTVETTE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sent my app. in on June 22. Just got my welcome packet and membership card today. Be patient. It takes awhile.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOTVETTE is right, they are slooooow! If you need something right away (like a membership number), call them and they will generally respond.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sent in my $80 membership fee (prorated) on July 19. Since then I have been waiting...and waiting...and waiting. Several days ago I received an envelope from the VCA. I thought, "Cool, it's finally here."

I opened up the envelope to discover my returned check and a note that the rate has now dropped to $60 for the rest of the year and to please resubmit a check for that amount. Couldn't someone have just processed my membership and sent me a $20 refund check? I guess I'll send it in again and start all over.

I appreciate the $20 consideration but at this point I'd just as soon have paid the $80 to get it processed.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the drill.

After you send in your National VCA Membership application, contact by phone or e-mail your local Club President. He will hook you up immediatly with all local events, and also keep you up to date on National happenings. They will ask for your VIN to confirm Viper Ownership.

It takes the National up to a couple months to get your package put together, as they tend to do them in batches, rather than every day.

Colorado has a very active group. Jim Johnson, their President keeps everyone busy with events.

Regional club information listed under Membership header at top of this page.
Colorado information is:
co.viperclub.org Jim Johnson
E-Mail [email protected] 11661 Antler Trail
Littleton, CO 80127
Phone: (303) 716-9000

Welcome to the club. You may find that membership enhances the Viper Ownership Experience considerably.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent in my $80 membership fee (prorated) on July 19. Since then I have been waiting...and waiting...and waiting. Several days ago I received an envelope from the VCA. I thought, "Cool, it's finally here."

I opened up the envelope to discover my returned check and a note that the rate has now dropped to $60 for the rest of the year and to please resubmit a check for that amount. Couldn't someone have just processed my membership and sent me a $20 refund check? I guess I'll send it in again and start all over.

I appreciate the $20 consideration but at this point I'd just as soon have paid the $80 to get it processed.

That wasn't very bright on VCA's part. I agree they should've just sent you a $20 refund check. If VCA ever gets fulltime paying jobs, I'd love to work for them and help get things straightened out on the National level. But for now, I'll stick with my VCA volunteer job as Website Prize Coordinator :2tu:

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Send them a $40 check. By the time they get to processing it, the prorated fee will have dropped again and they'll send the $60 check back; looking for a $40 one ;-)

Just kidding. Cutting a $20 refund check would have probably cost them $20 to process. They should have sent you a piece of memorabilia for the difference in the amount or even simpler, given you a discount next year.
Santo

OP
OP
J

jaydoc1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the drill.

After you send in your National VCA Membership application, contact by phone or e-mail your local Club President. He will hook you up immediatly with all local events, and also keep you up to date on National happenings. They will ask for your VIN to confirm Viper Ownership.

It takes the National up to a couple months to get your package put together, as they tend to do them in batches, rather than every day.

Colorado has a very active group. Jim Johnson, their President keeps everyone busy with events.

Regional club information listed under Membership header at top of this page.
Colorado information is:
co.viperclub.org Jim Johnson
E-Mail [email protected] 11661 Antler Trail
Littleton, CO 80127
Phone: (303) 716-9000

Welcome to the club. You may find that membership enhances the Viper Ownership Experience considerably.

Thanks Paul. Yes I've already spoken to Jim on several occasions and I've already started getting e-mails regarding upcoming events. Thanks!

GTS Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10SpeedLuvr said.

"That wasn't very bright on VCA's part. I agree they should've just sent you a $20 refund check. If VCA ever gets fulltime paying jobs, I'd love to work for them and help get things straightened out on the National level. But for now, I'll stick with my VCA volunteer job as Website Prize Coordinator "

The people at JR Thompson are paid and they are the ones who handle membership and who get the viper mag out in a timely manner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62