Striker Heads! Anyone using them?

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just like the title says, anyone using these heads? I spoke with Jeff and they sound quite impressive. Seems like a really good guy to deal with. Man I'm getting tempted to Strike on these heads.

What's a decent set of stock heads worth with Harland Sharpe 1.7 RR's worth?
He doesn't have an exchange program on these heads.....for obvious reasons. So I would likely sell my stockers with the RR's.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$6695.00 complete with Jessel RR's etc..
Hey Tadpole, I have a couple sets of stock rockers and pushrods for sale. Interested? LOL
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. But hey if I do move on these heads, I'll let you know and likely would sell the RR's seperate to you.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumor is that a set can be had for about 6k... that includes rockers and possibly pushrods.

Ask Kenny how he likes his heads! [bad joke].

But seriously, the street version of these heads flow 330cfm @.600 lift. The "race" version are suppose to flow 340 or 345cfm @.600. The biggest advantage of this head is its cooling capability. It is an entirely new casting and everyone I've spoken to loves it.

Even I am tempted to buy... but that requires $$. I don't have any laying around at the moment, unfortuantely.

JD

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them but can't give you a good before and after. The before dyno was on a Dynojet and the after was on a Mustang. The after numbers obviously came out lower.

Do keep in mind that the spark plug reach on these heads are longer than stock so you'll have to get 1" reach spark plugs. They're not the easiest plugs to find.

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tadpole, I have a couple sets of stock rockers and pushrods for sale. Interested? LOL
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. But hey if I do move on these heads, I'll let you know and likely would sell the RR's seperate to you.

You do know that purchase of the RR's include installation there Tracy. I assume that the RR was fine after your Bemidji incident? Maybe we can work a deal with my recently acquired gen 3 wheels that i know you have been looking for hahahahah

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them but can't give you a good before and after. The before dyno was on a Dynojet and the after was on a Mustang. The after numbers obviously came out lower.

Do keep in mind that the spark plug reach on these heads are longer than stock so you'll have to get 1" reach spark plugs. They're not the easiest plugs to find.
What were the before/after numbers?

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You do know that purchase of the RR's include installation there Tracy. I assume that the RR was fine after your Bemidji incident? Maybe we can work a deal with my recently acquired gen 3 wheels that i know you have been looking for hahahahah

No problem, I could live with that. After all uncle Mitchie seems too busy to work on cars these days. Seems his new niche these days is screwing up our forum :bonker:

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rumor is that a set can be had for about 6k... that includes rockers and possibly pushrods.

But seriously, the street version of these heads flow 330cfm @.600 lift. The "race" version are suppose to flow 340 or 345cfm @.600. The biggest advantage of this head is its cooling capability. It is an entirely new casting and everyone I've spoken to loves it.

Even I am tempted to buy... but that requires $$. I don't have any laying around at the moment, unfortuantely.

JD
Would you know what the stock heads flow off hand?

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Would you mind sharing what numbers you do have?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I could but there are just too many variables from before the head change to accurately asses the effects of the heads. I added a 10lb pulley, rebuilt engine with dished pistons, ported roe manifold, 70mm TB's, new airbox, updated VEC2 firmware. So it wouldn't be accurate at all. It was 635RWHP (dynojet) before and 615RWHP (mustang) after.

I need to redyno it on the same dyno as before to give a little better comparison.

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I could but there are just too many variables from before the head change to accurately asses the effects of the heads. I added a 10lb pulley, rebuilt engine with dished pistons, ported roe manifold, 70mm TB's, new airbox, updated VEC2 firmware. So it wouldn't be accurate at all. It was 635RWHP (dynojet) before and 615RWHP (mustang) after.

I need to redyno it on the same dyno as before to give a little better comparison.

That works out to around 680-ish, rwhp on a dynojet, I think.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What kind of heads were taken off ? Stock cam ? What pulley on the dynojet
before pull ?

S

SUN RA KAT

JD

Don't ask me, ask my tuner! [badder joke].

Numbers don't mean anything if the car is undrivable on the street.

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set in my garage. Just waiting for the 708 cams to get off backorder. I have dyno'd my car at 420 rwhp. I will have added Belanger headers, the heads and a new cam. I will post numbers when it is complete.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of heads were taken off ? Stock cam ? What pulley on the dynojet
before pull ?

They were Jeff Mory's Stage III heads, stock 708 cam, old pulley was 8lb on dynojet pulls.