hey, new member, got a question

Nick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey everyone, ive been lurking here for a while now and have yet to post.
first off i guess i should introduce myself, my names nick hogan, my father and i have been life long mopar/viper fans, he still has his custom 94 rt/10,he had a bule/white 96 gts but got rid of it and i myself have an 03 srt and now he wants a yellow/black 06 coupe lol!

so anyways, ive been doing some practice stuff behind the wheel of the mopar drift viper, i hit the wall at an irwindale qualifier as some of u may have heard, it was and off day but anyways, i was planning on modifying my srt becausei love the drift snake and one of the first things i wanted to do was put in a comp coupe shifter. BUT im a little skeptical bc, the way i drive, im always missing turns and having to turn around and back up and [******], and i need to be able to just throw it into reverse, with the stock shifter its simple but in the drift viper, its almost impossilbe to get it into reverse and takes a few minutes. so i guess what im asking is, does anyone else run into this problem with the cc shifter?

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your driving a silver one on the beach, seen your back ups and turn arounds. the shifter might not be your best choice for your semi daily driver. like the new house B

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does your dad look something like this?

416hh8.jpg

At least you got the color choice right! :2tu:

416Nick_Hogan-med.jpg

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
A few minutes to shift into reverse?? I know that it is hard with the short shifters, but from there to a "few minutes"...??

Since drifting you do not need to shift as fast as when you are racing, maybe returning to stock wouldn't be a bad idea.

Welcome to South Beach, I've seen your dad cruise in his Scarab boat right in front of my pad, and giving the thumbs up to all of us on the pool.. Cool cat!!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your dad wants a yellow SRT-C then why did he order a Black/silver SRT-C and not buy it(it was on ebay a couple of months ago)? :confused: Btw big fan of the show :2tu:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
me 2...been watching him since I was a little kid since my dad used to watch wrestling back then...I think I still have my hulk hogan pj's can't fit into them though :(

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hogan was always supercool. He played a great nWo member! His fights with Sgt. Slaughter back in the early 90's were pure awesome. And if we're all asking for autographs, I'll take one as well if he doesn't mind. His car looks kinda like mine, so a pic of him in front of it would be beyond cool :)

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
MMM Yeah... so much for this kid posting again on this forum.

Anyway, he should know better and have used an alias.

I am actually the Prince of Spain undercover.... ;-)

OP
OP
N

Nick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol i'll work on the graphs

but cmon dudes focus, no one knows about the shifter?

they wanted 101k for the black/silver srt-c

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isnt the comp coupe shifter the same as the (Mopar) Hurst? I dont have any problem getting into reverse on mine even with the small MGW ball.

9384DSC04188-med.JPG

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

they wanted 101k for the black/silver srt-c
101k? :eek:

Around here we have what's known as the Viper tax... it's when people charge you more just because you have a Viper and think you can afford it. Seems like you have your own "Hogan" Tax. Have your dad call one of the sponsors here. He would get a much better deal!

As for the shifter, I always thought the CC's had Hurst shifters too... should be a pretty easy install.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Nick.....

One problem is the anti-reverse lockout solenoid in the trans. Any forward roll movement of a rear tire (even lateral slides my have a forard vector component) and you are electronically prevented from shifting into reverse. This is to prevent SANE people from making a mistake and hitting reverse accidentally. Since you have to be partly INSANE to be doing this anyway...........

1) Drifters use only 1-2-3 gears ...not likley to mis-shift R. Right?

2) I suggest that you do the revese-lockout disconnect, or a re-program....It CAN be programmed on/off I believe.. it should be helpful in getting into R a lot faster....

JonB

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isnt the comp coupe shifter the same as the (Mopar) Hurst? I dont have any problem getting into reverse on mine even with the small MGW ball.

9384DSC04188-med.JPG

I have the Mopar hust short shifter and VERY easy to get into reverse quickly.

Patrick

BigSaleen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't mean to bother you with more fan responses. FYI- I used to live in Tampa and almost bought your Father's 96 b/w GTS from the Mercedes dealer in St. Pete, I think it was Lokey Mercedes or something like that. They wanted 60k and it had 6,000 miles on it. I would have bought it but the trade-in on my supercharged Saleen was too low for my taste. Anyway, heard from the dealer a few weeks later that some woman bought it and totaled it within three weeks of the purchase. I think I also saw your Father's 94 in the showroom of the Autotrader building. Good luck with the car, I'm sure you'll do plenty of mods.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
me 2...been watching him since I was a little kid since my dad used to watch wrestling back then...I think I still have my hulk hogan pj's can't fit into them though :(

Darn it, me too :) I also watched the tv series with that military-ish speedboat (can't remember the title :confused: ), and I recall one episode of The A-Team in which he made an appearance.
And if I may be so bold :D :

:needpics:

Of the Vipers that is :p

One autograph for me too please :eek:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Pull the reverse gear lock out wiring from the side of the trans and you can get reverse any time you want.

Dan

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pull the reverse gear lock out wiring from the side of the trans and you can get reverse any time you want.

Dan

And maybe a few times you don't want, Nick, until you get more seat time.

JZ 97 SS 1500

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Dan

Agreed. I would yank it since your only using typically 1st-3rd gear.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
nick, tell pop to get out of the hurricane weather and hang with me in scottsdale, i'll even let him borrow my viper while he's here!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Nick. Just saw your Dad's "hot" Lambo on TV. What happened???