Another group buy on lifts? Let me know if you would like me to arrange it.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Another group buy on lifts? Let me know if you would like me to arrange

I know of a guy that keeps a lotus on one of these lifts. (he has the older style that does not have removable center trays)I know Bend-pak is top of the line. Their tech dept.is very helpful. I will have 85 inches under the car with only one post against the wall. That really opens up the garage.

Bolt...did you order the single post lift?

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Bolt...did you order the single post lift?

I ordered the 2 post (10,000 lb) lift. I get it at the end of next week. I'll post pics when I install and give you my oppinion compairing it to the Rotary lift of the same type.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just thought of something. Doesn't these lifts need a level ground to be resting on? Doesn't most garages have a grade so that water runs out the door? How much of a gradient can these lifts sit on?

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I just thought of something. Doesn't these lifts need a level ground to be resting on? Doesn't most garages have a grade so that water runs out the door? How much of a gradient can these lifts sit on?

Don’t laugh, I'm getting the two post list and I will be hanging it from the roof as sell as the floor. I'll post pics when I put mine up next weekend.

Most garages do not have much grade. I'd be surprise if it was more than 1 inch over the full length of the lift. The 4 post lifts will flex enough to compensate for variance in levels of the concrete. Within reason. If your floor is that bad contact the lift manufacture and ask them if it is a concern. Good question.

Bolt

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most garages do not have much grade. I'd be surprise if it was more than 1 inch over the full length of the lift.

I don't know... My grade seems to be about 2" over the full length.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Most garages do not have much grade. I'd be surprise if it was more than 1 inch over the full length of the lift.

I don't know... My grade seems to be about 2" over the full length.

The grade in my garage is at least 2 inches over the length of the lift( Rotary 4 post).
Don't worry, the lift can be "leveled" when installed. it doesnt matter if its on a slight "grade".

Cheers,

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ordered 10,000# four post today. Figured for a $100 more why wait for BO items to arrive in Nov.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Guys remember this deal ends at the end of September 2006. Hurry and get it while it last. I am trying to work on a deal with them to have a VCA price. I will keep you guys posted. This is a lot of work on my side answering emails and giving advice. Buy some damn sparkplug wires! LOL! Just kidding...Just doing what I can do to help out the Viper brothers and sisters!

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Here is it Man! Delivered and installed! The good and Bad.

I picked up my lift Thursday, Spent all day Friday putting it up. The first thig I noticed as I was unwrapping this lift is that it smelled like Harbor Freight.
Had to call tech support one time and walaaa, by the end of the day Friday I got a lift......... Bummer, I forgot to buy hydraulic fluid so I can tell you if it works yet. I'll report that later. So here is what I found out.

Directions ****! I called about a simple question about the directions telling me to drill 1-inch holes in my concrete when 3/4-inch anchor bolts where supplied. I was told to drill 3/4 holes. Good I called! I was also told how to bolt one side then put the upper cross member together then bolt the second side. That is not what the directions tell you. The directions left out allot of detail. Not many exploded views showing how the assembly goes. Verbiage is hard to follow and is missing details. OK I'm past all that and I only have two complaints and I will be calling them Monday.

One: I need a cover replaced due to shipping. Clearly marked on the sides is "DO NOT PICK UP HERE" Guess what, the shipper picked up there. I got scratches to touch up and a cover to replace.

Two: This is a big one and an engineering error. Pulleys are to small on the top and side cables rub the steel. Hmmmmm, Let's see what they will do about this one.

Overall, I am very happy with the quality of this lift. It exceeded my expectations.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Here is all the link to all my picture of this lift going up.
http://imageevent.com/bolt/lift

Bolt

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

If you had damage done on the lift durning shipping...call the shipping company up immediately to file a claim with their insurance. I know someone in the past did this due to damage. The amount of money that was given back to him cover the cost of the lift and the damage was liviable or repairable.

As far as instruction goes, yes...they can be confusing, but call Complete...they are pretty helpful.

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I am very satisfied with my purchase. Thank you Adam for putting this group buy together. I would not have purchased this lift otherwise.

I promise next picture I post will have my Viper under my rock crawler or my Viper on the lift. Yes it will fit under it here. I was so excited on trying out my lift and so proud of it I took a quick picture and had to show it to you all.

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just picked up my XLT lift today. I was told it would be in in November, but somehow it came a month early before my garage was finished!
I won't be able to assemble it for a couple weeks. Fortunately it fit on my 18 foot car trailer.

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score

All problems where resolved with mine. I called the tech department and talked to Nick. He was great to work with. I would recomend this company and my lift to anyone.

The most important tip he gave me was that there needs to be a kill switch near the lift. Just in case the relay sticks as you are going up. There has been cases of this and damage was done. I bought a kill switch and box from Lowes for $12. Cheep insurance! This is code in most areas as well as a great idea.

Bolt

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got my 10000# four post yesterday. It's in and working today. Easy install.

4 guys to help lift things and 5 hours.

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Got my 10000# four post yesterday. It's in and working today. Easy install.

4 guys to help lift things and 5 hours.

5 hours is quick! It took me a full day by myself. I finaly lifted my Viper tonight. The arms did not fit under. I had to drive up on boards. Of course the rear wheels shot the boards across my shop. Then I got smart and put rubber under the boards. I got to come up with something easer. I'd like to find some 1 1/2 thick solid rubber to drive up on.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Looks good Bolt! That's the next lift I am going to buy.

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sent my check in this week for the 10000# four post. Brandi said the 8000# would not be in until the fourteenth of november.

mikeceli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like that BP10000 lift, except the "sticking relay" thing is bad. I used lifts, in the trade, for 20 years. Never had a lift fail to stop when commanded. I can imagine the trouble that could cause!

Why dosent the seller replace ALL suspect relays? What could they cost, a few bucks each?

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I like that BP10000 lift, except the "sticking relay" thing is bad. I used lifts, in the trade, for 20 years. Never had a lift fail to stop when commanded. I can imagine the trouble that could cause!

Why dosent the seller replace ALL suspect relays? What could they cost, a few bucks each?

Hmm...this is your first post....wonder if this is a competitor of complete hydraulic. VERY FISHY! :confused: :nono:

mikeceli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes this is my first post. I heard about this lift group buy at corvetteforum.com where I have been active, for years. I registered on this forum, because I have wanted a lift, since I left the auto repair business, which I was involved in, from 1974 to 1994. Also, as Barry McGuyer would put it, I'm carcrazy.

I do not work for or represent any equipment manufacturer. I can understand your suspicion. However, I DID use lifts, for 20 years and NEVER had one fail to stop raising, on command!

The complete lifts look like a great value. BUT, I would not want to rush to to a secondary kill switch, to prevent my vehicle from hitting my 9'3" ceiling! :usa:

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Calling on M. Merrell....

Complete Hydraulic wants to know if you still want the lift. Yes or no...

No sweat if you don't. They have it on order and want to know if they should cancel it. Please PM to let me know.