I Got The Viper!!

Viper44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm broke, and my bank account is empty (some debt too) but I own a 1996 Viper GTS (blue and white). The 04 Cobra now has a friend in the garage. I know you want pictures. :laugh: I need to get some taken in the next few days. I'm not really sure how to post them in a thread though.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure when you close the hood your hands are over the hinges. Closing the hood like a normal car can crack a 20K hood. Congrats!

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations my friend! Welcome to the greatest car club on this planet. Don’t listen to the Mustang “Cobra” haters it’s still a snake and one you can drive when it’s raining and now your garage has changed into a pit. Remember to take your time learning the car and most of all drive it and enjoy it, join your local VCA club and if you have any question you can try the search option or just post it here and someone is always willing to help. Again welcome and congrats.
Kevin

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is amazing how your life changes when you get your dream car. Huge load lifted off your shoulders and nothing left to do but enjoy driving a Viper. We all have to work till retirement but driving there in a Viper takes the edge off.Congtats! :2tu:

OP
OP
V

Viper44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, and thanks for the link on how to post pictures. The car is kick ass and a blast to drive. The money part ***** but every time I look at it or drive it, a smile appears on my face and I can't think of anything else. The bad thing about it is the car gets dirty FAST (dusty). The rims also have no chance with brake dust. The Cobra is actually my brothers car and is really nice (I know some of you don't want to hear that, sorry). I don't know if is the area I'm in or what but only kids, high shoolers, and some guys notice the car. Chicks and ladies could care less. That is fine as long as the cops leave me alone. Thanks again and I will try to wash it tomorrow (weather permitting) and get some pictures take and posted in the next few days. When my I get some money saved up, the car will most likely become TT. (Can't let the Vettes and ricers beat it) :D I told my self 8 years ago I would own one and now it's happened. I just ordered a short shifter shaft and new struts for the rear hatch. I need to get a lift for the garage and I should be set for a bit.

OP
OP
V

Viper44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I forgot, it has 19k miles on it. Well the nice day here is running out so time to burn some more gas!!

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess no one told him that RED is FASTEST !!! Oh well, congrats and welcome to the Viper family. Take your time in learning about the snake, as it can BITE you. Next you need to join VCA and then you belong to the BEST.....Doc

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Viper44! Where are you located, and WHERE ARE THE PICS?!?!?! (I know you're workin' on 'em, but I'm not a patient man!)

V

venms96

Congrats !

And, don't listen to those guys who always say the 1999 GTS is the "best" Viper, they just have the last number upside down all the time.

venms96
1996 GTS
SDMF !

OP
OP
V

Viper44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all of the new posts, thanks. The car is great. I hate to put it in the garage for the night but I need some beers now to celebrate my new toy. :D The car it really dirty now (bugs and dust) so I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning. I might get my hands on a digital camera tomorrow, if so I will shoot some pictures of it and post them. (after it is washed) I think the owner before might have been on here but I don't know for sure or have his user name. I live in NW Indiana about 35 minutes south of Chicago. I bought the car in upper Illinois, not too far from Wisconsin. Time for some beers and relaxing. The weather here looks not so good for the rest of the weekend so I might not be able to drive it until next weekend. Have a good one.

OP
OP
V

Viper44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats !

And, don't listen to those guys who always say the 1999 GTS is the "best" Viper, they just have the last number upside down all the time.

venms96
1996 GTS
SDMF !

Actually I wanted an 97 but can across the 96 I just got so everything is good. I really wanted the B/W color but if I would have came across a 99 that was silver with the blue strips I would have thought about it also. (I think that is the year they came that color combo if not it was 98) I like the B/W better but all vipers are kick ass. I need to send the rims during winter to get re-chromed. I think people said cal chrome does a really good job and it doesn't cost much. The front rims are a little discolored from the brake heat. I ordered two hatch struts because the ones on the car now don't work very well. I also ordered a short shifter shaft from Rick. I need to order a lift and I'm done for now. TT in the future.

V

venms96

I wouldn't say Cali Chrome "doesn't cost much"........but they do have a good reputation. After chroming and shipping, it's not that cheap, but worth it when you see them on your car.
Good Luck with the new GTS.

venms96
1996 GTS
SDMF!

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good choice, :2tu: and beautiful color scheme, the B/W is more than a choice, it is a life style, IMHO...

Enjoy, and drive it like you stole it...or, something like that...

OP
OP
V

Viper44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bluesnake367, Thanks.

V10SpeedLuvr, Thanks for the advise. I do know of the "snake bite" the cars can give you if you are being stupid with them. I've read too many post about people hammering on them around turns and such with a end result not good. I have fun with cars but also respect them too.

OP
OP
V

Viper44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I cleaned up the car today and have some pictures of it. I seen the link on one of the earlier messages but don't have a photo bucket account set up. I have seen car pictures posted here without all of that trouble. I just can't cut and paste pictures here for some reason.

OP
OP
V

Viper44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RoadiJeff,
Thanks for the directions on how to post pictures. I guess I had to do that in order to attach any pictures of the car. Hope this works. There should be attached pictures of the car.

You must be registered for see images attach

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members