Getting my wheels done in this finish...

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Always loved the Gunmetal look, especially on Blue. I'm getting my wheels powdercoated in that color :) . It'll tie in nicely with my tint, overlays, and the overall stealth look I'm going for. What do you think?

before:
You must be registered for see images attach

after:

You must be registered for see images

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a big fan of the entire wheel being dark.
I like just the centers black, gray etc with a polished lip....ala iforged or HRE.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like it on lighter cars- thing is, you'll prob get bored with it and want to go back to polished... I considered doing this with the 10 spoke stockers on my silver car.

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not a big fan of the entire wheel being dark.
I like just the centers black, gray etc with a polished lip....ala iforged or HRE.

Ditto... I like the gunmetal but would leave the lip polished for a bit more bling. (But then again, you are after the stealth look)

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With dark rims the car will look like an old retired accountant from New Jersey living in Florida and wearing black socks pulled up real high and dress shoes with his Bermuda shorts.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well thats exactly what Rousch did on there Viper. I think its good, different. It will give it a meaner look, a little more of a race look.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't like the results (and I am a little mixed on a blue car), then I will buy them off you. Already have a similar look from the factory and REALLY dig the five spokes...

You must be registered for see images

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really like your Viper and the blue color-beautiful. I chose blue also and have not regreted it.

I believe I have to go with the majority on the rim color. However, as mentioned by viper joe, maybe the centers in gunmental with a polished lip would look good.

But sometines things look better in person- maybe this would be the case with entire rim in gun metal. I will say this--it would be different.

Tough decision, but then maybe not for you. I would hate for you to do this and then later reget it.

But I am also a believer in what rows your boat-do it. If your happy with it - that is all that matters.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those wheels are worth a small fortune. why dont you sell them and get some wheels similar to what you had on your gts. those were badass!

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good advice those wheels would bring some money. I would like to see a pic of the gts.

BTW-noticed- below your rear bumper the section is painted blue. My 2006 blue coupe is black in that area. Is this something the dealer painted before the sell.

Again-really like your viper. Like you-I am also going to have corsa track installed soon ,and I may also do the caps.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Lots of people are not for it. I will reserve judgement until it is done if you decide to go for it as lots of things always look better in person or after they are done.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like both.....
So buy another set of rims and have a set of each....

There thats me safe...

They would look good on my yellow RT/10 ..... MMMMMMmmmm Next mod for the stock viper :D

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it has potential. Maybe black-chrome instead of just powdercoat. I saw a set of v-rod rims done and it looked awesome. Almost a gunmetal color, but with chrome shine. Very easy to clean too. PM me for the link to the company that did them if you're interested.

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way I would do a "Gunmetal" color is if you sell the stock rims, and go with some iForged like you had before - with a polished lip. A polished lip is a must IMHO.

And if you going with some iForged, may as well do some 20/19's !

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol, I'm actually surprised the masjority of you dont like it. Guess I'll have to sway your opinions once I get it done ;) .

Past rides:

See the pattern here?

Bat ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member