lug nut torque settings please

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
90 ft lbs. I go to 95 ft lb when I put on track wheels. But be careful. Last August I broke 3 studs and needed to do a midnight service to get on the trailer and on the road. I will never again use the impact gun because I am in a hurry!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
90 ft lbs. I go to 95 ft lb when I put on track wheels. But be careful. Last August I broke 3 studs and needed to do a midnight service to get on the trailer and on the road. I will never again use the impact gun because I am in a hurry!

Did you cross-thread them with the gun, is that how they snapped? I always start the nut by hand before putting the gun on to snug them up and then I finish with the torque wrench.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what I did different that particular day. It was on my second wheel. Maybe I was in a hurry and did not get the nuts started far enough. But yes 3 did cross thread. Bad enough they became locked and the only way to free it was to bust them.

And being the front wheel I had to remove the whole assembly. Ugh! I was very happy the Murrays is open to midnight (on a Sunday night no less). I was on my way to Brainerd Minnesota the next morning (about 900 miles away) and wanted to finish fast. Guess I did not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper