Twin Turbo

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While at Underground Racing last weekend Kevin and KC were putting the final touches on a close friend of theirs new TT GTS. They just finished tweaking the tune and asked if I would like to go for a ride along to see how it drives. Having never ridden in a turbo viper I was excited to say the least. The car had the full set up with built motor twin 76's etc... They had just tuned it for pump gas and had the boost set on 9 psi. First off I was amazed at how nice the car sounded when started. I couldn't tell to much of a difference between the sound of that and my blower car. Mine is louder but not by much. We pulled out on to the road and went a short distance to the interstate took the ramp and merged on. Traffic was light and their was a nice open stretch to hit the go pedal. After going through a couple of gears I was in total shock. I couldn't believe how nice the car ran. The power of the big turbos is unbelieveable even on the low boost setting with mid 900 rwhp. The car pulled like a freight train and never seemed to run out of air. The big turbos are amazing. The car drove like stock or better. To me the perfect street car set up is this combo. The power delivery was so smooth yet streetable and violent all in one if that makes any sense at all. After being so happy that my car was finally running on a street tune the way it should I now have another problem. It's called "TURBO envy" I am absolutely in love with that setup. Any of you guys who are lucky enough to own one of these have it made. Now I have to figure out how to pay for one. Without a doubt I will own one in the near future. I have heard some say that turbo cars are in a different league and never believed them however, NOW I'm a firm believer. My blower car runs fantastic and is a GREAT buy for the money. But if money isn't the issue then turbos are the way to go. Man I can't get the turbos out of my head.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The grass is greener on the other side...

Always is.

- When was the last time you drove your SC car to its max potential?

- Been beaten on the street lateley at all?

- SC car is Built which = no down time. TT you'd need to build.

You could always gut that new ROE car and turn it into a TT.

Oh no! I've given you this idea!!!

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tell me about it. I rode in someones 13xx rwhp rt-10 and now Im screwed. Its not like I can just take off my blower and go tt's, I dont even have a viper yet. That CPE TT car ruined me... ps, thanks jd

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if Kevin and KC found a truck yet for their twin turbo SRT Ram idea. If I had the bucks my reg cab would be in their shop pronto!! Seems theres never enough power or speed no matter what you have...someone seems to have something more powerfull and faster. Glad your ride got fixed.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll never go back. I try to explain it to people that have asked for my advice, but you just don't understand until you drive it.

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll never go back. I try to explain it to people that have asked for my advice, but you just don't understand until you drive it.

Your right Gary. You just don't understand until you drive one. I'm still blown away.

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While at Underground Racing last weekend Kevin and KC were putting the final touches on a close friend of theirs new TT GTS. They just finished tweaking the tune and asked if I would like to go for a ride along to see how it drives. Having never ridden in a turbo viper I was excited to say the least. The car had the full set up with built motor twin 76's etc... They had just tuned it for pump gas and had the boost set on 9 psi. First off I was amazed at how nice the car sounded when started. I couldn't tell to much of a difference between the sound of that and my blower car. Mine is louder but not by much. We pulled out on to the road and went a short distance to the interstate took the ramp and merged on. Traffic was light and their was a nice open stretch to hit the go pedal. After going through a couple of gears I was in total shock. I couldn't believe how nice the car ran. The power of the big turbos is unbelieveable even on the low boost setting with mid 900 rwhp. The car pulled like a freight train and never seemed to run out of air. The big turbos are amazing. The car drove like stock or better. To me the perfect street car set up is this combo. The power delivery was so smooth yet streetable and violent all in one if that makes any sense at all. After being so happy that my car was finally running on a street tune the way it should I now have another problem. It's called "TURBO envy" I am absolutely in love with that setup. Any of you guys who are lucky enough to own one of these have it made. Now I have to figure out how to pay for one. Without a doubt I will own one in the near future. I have heard some say that turbo cars are in a different league and never believed them however, NOW I'm a firm believer. My blower car runs fantastic and is a GREAT buy for the money. But if money isn't the issue then turbos are the way to go. Man I can't get the turbos out of my head.

Brian
That car wouldn't be a Graphite GTS would it? :)

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Brian
That car wouldn't be a Graphite GTS would it? :)

:D No it was red!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave