ANY WICHITA KS VIPERS IN HERE????

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see many vipers of all gens in town... but never when I have my toy out (figures...)

Any one on here live in Wichita KS??

And yes I already did a search..

Thanks!!

Matt

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm from Wichita (1998 GTS; see my post of earlier today for some history; I'm basically a daily lurker here, as the post count will attest). I think a drive up and down Rock would be in order.

OP
OP
C

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rock Rd. it is then.... pm me your number sometime...

which Viper did you look at in OKC?...

thats where I picked up mine..

Good to hear from a fellow wichitan!

Matt

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll dig up this old thread, and announce that a few of us Wichita-area drivers are planning to meet at Jimmie's Diner (3111 North Rock Road) at 9:30 AM this Saturday (April 14) for breakfast, and then a drive, weather permitting. We plan to meet at the east end of the Jacob's Liquor parking lot, immediately to the south and west of Jimmie's.

Compensating- Are you back in town? You have PM.

Thanks.

Silver_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not in Wichita, but close - McPherson. New to this game (owner only 4 weeks) but loving it so far!
KC

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SilverSnake- I understand that most of your snow from last Thursday/Friday has melted, so you really ought to try to make it down next Saturday. You have PM. Thanks.

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have a likely change-of-plans here, for the Saturday drive. Compensating is back in Wichita, and he pointed us to a benefit poker run that starts at 8:30 AM this Saturday (April 14). See the Midwest Section of ferrarichat.com for details, just in case anyone was planning to show up at Jimmie's at 9:30. Thanks.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a few other Wichita-area Viper owners that are members of the Kansas City VCA. Indeed, if you guys are interested the club is having its annual Dyno Day THIS Sunday from 9-6. FREE to all KC VCA members, including two meals and drinks...

OP
OP
C

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welp... the poker run is postponed due to the impending blizzard that is headed our way....
if you guys still want to meet up in the afternoon... maybe the weather will breakup by then.. who knows...

Matt

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Matt- Let me check with the Winfield group regarding the afternoon. (Saturday morning sounds like it might get pretty wild, weather wise, for mid-April....)

Chris- Thanks for the invitation. I won't be able to make it up, but with an invitation from a national officer, and the fact that we now have new regional members-only forums, I'll try to "get off my butt" and (finally...) get signed up as a member in the VCA. Thanks.

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As Compensating stated above, Sunday was a great day for a drive (after receiving an inch or so of snow on Friday).

For anyone who is interested, we're targeting next Saturday (April 21) to get together at 9:30 AM at Jimmie's (meeting at the Jacob's parking lot, as noted in my April 10th post above).

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a reminder for any Wichita area folks-- The weather forecast is looking good for Saturday morning, so if you're interested in a drive this Saturday morning, meet us at the Jacob's Liquor parking lot near Jimmie's Diner (North Rock Road) at 9:30. Thanks.

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There's a Winfield group? I went to college there, and in four years never saw one Viper. The only car that stands out in my mind at all was an Acura NSX. I might be up for getting to Wichita for a cruise some time this year. Keep active posts in the regional section as well for the Gen III crowd that may not frequent this section.

Kurt E

Last edited:

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NSXER is from Winfield, and has a B/W GTS (and a couple of Italians; see ferrarichat.com). He's hoping to bring a group up from the south-of-Wichita area, so I call them the "Winfield bunch" (even though some might not actually be from Winfield).

I (finally) got around to sending in my membership app on Monday (designating the KC Region), so I hope to be able to post in the KC Section before too long. Maybe we should sometime "meet in the middle" and have a Flint Hills Cruise or the like?

Thanks.

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A Flint Hills cruise sounds great. Scheduling could be an issue-but I like the idea. Welcome to the KC VCA. NSXER- not a guy named Petty is it? Take care.

Kurt E

Silver_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ummmmm, dunno about TWO yellow Vipers, pretty conservative down here - locals might think a liberal element was moving in....... :naughty:

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am into it. We need to pick a Saturday or Sunday with the 316 crowd and let the chips fall where they may. I am sure others would attend. Wichita had a ******* last account I had...

Kurt E

PS- turns out NSXER is a friend of mine from college...it was HIS NSX that I was referring to.

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A couple of possible attendees had schedule conflicts this morning, but we had a nice gathering of three Vipers (Darell, NSXER, and me). I'll post pictures, as soon as I can figure that out....

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have a likely change-of-plans here, for the Saturday drive. Compensating is back in Wichita, and he pointed us to a benefit poker run that starts at 8:30 AM this Saturday (April 14). See the Midwest Section of ferrarichat.com for details, just in case anyone was planning to show up at Jimmie's at 9:30. Thanks.

As noted in the posts above, our first "Wichita-area Group" meeting was going to be a benefit poker run on April 14, but that event got snowed out, and was postponed until May 12th.

I will not be able to make it on the 12th, but I thought I'd check to see if we wanted to try to get a group together for the event.

Compensating, NSXER, Darell, and Silver_Snake- You have a PM.

See the link, below, for details. Registration is at 8:00 AM.

Thanks.

http://jakesride2007.homestead.com/

Darell

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm in weather permitting, if we want to meet and drive in together that would be fun. Just name a place and time and i will be there.

OP
OP
C

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK guys... back in town for this one...

May 12th... this ride/run is to benifit a local charity that was set up by the parents of a murdered friend of mine..

Great cause.. Great fun..

Please let me know who will be in attendance so I can get a head count..

I would like to meet up at a predetermined location and arrive together.

Either my house... local buisness... thoughts??

thanks guys for your participation!!

Matt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456