Anyone using the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'm going to buy a set of 18" rims for my car and I need to get tires. I was looking on TireRack and saw these BF's that I hadn't seen before. Anyone using them?

BFG g-Force Link

they also have Pirelli's

Pirelli Link

I'm running Pilot Sports on my 17" rims now..

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking about those same BFGs. I didn't see any ratings from Viper owners on the TireRack's website did you?

Most of the other users loved them.

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one thing I noticed in this spec sheet (LINK) is it lists the rim width for the rear as 11.5 to 12.5", I wonder if you really can't mount them on 13" rims???

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too was looking into those tires well and was turned away from tirerack when i called :/ i guess they wanted to sell me the more expensive pilot sports and sport cups. Ive always had BFG tires they have performed great. Im sure they are very good tires.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I was all ready to get these tires when a friend broke it down to me this way... Most of the time, these tires are on backorder. Let's say you blow out a tire... how long will you have to wait to get a replacement? Most places can get pilots next day if they don't already have them in stock.

Still... I'd be interested to hear what someone has to say about them. Haven't read of any Viper owners with them on.

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warfang: If I have to replace a tire I'm replacing the matching tire, plus I don't have to drive my VIPER all the time.

Are these "american made" tires? that would be something in their corner.

Also, comparing them with the Pilot Sport they rate better...

7107comparison.jpg

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The do seem like a great tire and ive never had a set of BFG's i didnt like.
for the price i say go for it :)

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 335's are marked as special order items, so I wonder if they are available at all???

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the foot print of those KDW's It would seem that they would get pretty good traction. I wonder how they stick to the pavement?

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess they don't make the KD'S in our size. On the bfgoodrich web site, The only thing close was the fronts at 285-30-18 the biggest they go is 295-40-18?

Those KDW look like a nice tire and nice price, yet i'm still wondering if there sticky like the g-force drag tire?

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to know if they will work on a 13" rim, if they will and I can get the rears I'll buy a set.

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to know if they will work on a 13" rim, if they will and I can get the rears I'll buy a set.

yes they will fit a 13" ... the internal carcass is almost identical to the Michelin Pilot Sport ... which is understandable since Michelin owns BFG ....

KDW2
Tire Construction:
Belt.............. 2 STEEL
Sidewall.......... 2 POLYESTER
Reinforcement..... 1 POLYAMIDE

Pilot Sport
Tire Construction:
Belt.............. 2 STEEL
Sidewall.......... 2 RAYON
Reinforcement..... 1 POLYAMIDE

from the info I have gotten production of the 335 KDW2 started (or atleast was scheduled to start) on 9-20-06 which means they are approximately 4-6 weeks away at this time

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 335's are marked as special order items, so I wonder if they are available at all???

That was my whole point... they were impossible to order. I tried. So let's say I take it to VOI and a tire gets shredded halfway down. What are my odds of getting another one in a day? Or two?

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like you couldn't have got it for VOI anyway if they just started making them.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But they've been advertised for over 6 months now... I asked about them here way back then on a couple threads.

I would love to have more selection in Viper tires, and would encourage more vendors to make stuff for us by buying their stuff. Let's hope when they finally do come out, they test well. I'd be willing to give them a try.

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you, I want selection. I may wait to buy my new rims just to get these tires...