Time to get the car washed!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is AWESOME! What an amazing job he does!

If in fact he does this and gets paid as much as it says! Well, that's one hell of a DETAIL! :2tu:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he's such a great detailer then why is he washing the car in the sun? :bonker:

you didnt see, he had a dial to turn the sun's heat up and down as well, that cost, 600,000 pounds.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing special in that video.

-Wash with quality products with nuetral PH where needed. Only use wash mitts/towels that will not create swirls (ie - quality microfiber).
-Clay the car to remove imbedded polutants.
-Level clearcoat and remove swirls with a rotary and compound.
-Hit with another less agressive polish to deepen the finish and remove the last bit of swirls/imperfections.
-Protect with a good carnuba or advanced polymer.

* His price - Up to 5,000 pounds or $9,425 US. I hope he does more that the video shows. Cause I can find detailers all day long that would jump for joy to get $300 for the same job. A pro could do that job in 6 hours. Take me about 10.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things that struck me.....

1) He never even got on his knees....one once. How can you wash the lower part of the car and not get on your knees and not do the belly pan?

2) I would expect ALL of the wheels (the whole depth i.e. the innermost portion) to be detailed for that cost. He just cleaned the in-between crevices. Again, poor job.

3) I don't know ANYTHING about that special wax, but it seems to me that touching a car with your hands is a no no. Would have loved to see him do that stunt with a dark car. Ahhhhh, the grease marks......

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a bloody rip off,,,,,,,, even then with all that special carnuba wax, the narrator stated its good for 6 months.... so whats so special about it....

I have talked to a few body/detailer guys in the business and they say carnuba wax etc starts to dry up and desinegrate as soon as the sun hits the car....

Plus was he wearing jeans, which is a huge no no.

But who am I to say otherwise, people pay him