SOFTWARE TRANSITION

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board is making a software transition today, might last 24-48 hours or so, some functions may not work as well as before because they are locked for work on them. EMail or PM me if you have problems but please be patient, you loved the speed increase and I know you are gonna love what comes next. And I am not a progammer so don't ask me questions that make me feel stupid. LOL.
Lee

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see. This site looks pretty different!! Can not wait to see the final product. I was trying to get on earlier this afternoon and was unsuccessful. At least now I know why.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see. This site looks pretty different!! Can not wait to see the final product. I was trying to get on earlier this afternoon and was unsuccessful. At least now I know why.

Nav banner still slow.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was there an issue where they had to flip flop the "Views and Reply: columns?

I'm sure I'll adapt but if it ain't broke....................................

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was there an issue where they had to flip flop the "Views and Reply: columns?

I'm sure I'll adapt but if it ain't broke....................................

Are the updates done? I hope not. This was a huge step backwards if they are. Still no ignore feature, no quick reply box, no seeing who's online anymore are just 3 things I can think of that I don't like.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It also doesn't show how many new replies are in a thread with new messages since our last visit like before.

Sort of how this was in the replies column: 15(3)

In this example I could quickly see that there are 15 total messages in that thread and 3 new replies to it since my last visit. Not a big deal, I suppose, but I miss it.

No more spell check feature either?

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's with the little yellow bursts/fires/whatever they are too in the left margin??? Just like any "improvements', I don't know the context that they were created under. How about a Beta test site for user feedback before launching a better-faster-funnier solution?

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like to see the replies to a thread in the first colum, and views in the second. IMHO views aren't important.

The old board also had how many replies to a thread since I was last online.

I can't log into the gallery either......

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All noted, this version is NOT without problems, hence the intermediate step. Where if it was HORRIBLE perhaps we could go backwards to the older version. This is somewhat of a combination of the old and new and I am told (I an NOT an IT guy) that it was neccessary to do this to expose the flaws we are seeing without an irrevocable transition. Having seen a version of the whole thing run I know you guys will LOVE it when it's done. Extra care is being done here so we do not lose the features we love OR our history. Can you imagine losing PMUMS posts? So this step was taken in between to see what might go wrong without losing anything.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im suprised ya didnt have a second site running for a couple few of us to run for a while in testing. the test mules could have sorted ALL this out before it got online for real.

doesnt sound like you guys had a plan. or a good one at least.

good luck, i know its NOT easy. hang in there

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually we did, not sure if it's still there, that's what I'm talking about when I say I have seen it, and we reached out to IT guys to look at it. If we missed you sorry, hard to tell who does what here. But there was a period a couple months ago when we were looking for folks to look for bugs. If you are an IT guy please say you are willing to work on it. I'm sure Jay would be happy for the help.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I miss is at the bottom of the posts, there's no navigation links back to the main forum/forum index. They are at the top, but not at the bottom so you can just leave when you are done reading.
I'm probably just nit-picking and too lazy to scroll up to the top of the page, but I just thought I'd give you a heads up.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the links to everyone's picture galleries under their log-in names/avatar on the left are not there anymore.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im an IT guy by profession in the SF bay area. let me know via PM if you need assistance.

as for feedback on the new system:

no quick reply anymore?

when i click into a post where ive already read most of it, it sends me to the top, The old forum sent me to the new posts. was nice.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sending PM has error message. Such as the person has too many ***...etc.

Also need to know how many new replies to each post 21(3)....not just the light bulb going from white to yellow.

Thanks

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sending PM has error message. Such as the person has too many ***...etc.

Also need to know how many new replies to each post 21(3)....not just the light bulb going from white to yellow.

Thanks

I had around 490 PM's saved and when I went to look for an old one, I had a message saying I had too many and had to delete some before I could receive new ones. I think this new software doesn't allow us to save as many PM's as we did with the old software. I know this is just a Beta version, but I much prefer the old software so far

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
when i click into a post where ive already read most of it, it sends me to the top, The old forum sent me to the new posts. was nice.

It still sends me to the first new post in a thread, just like the old software. I'm using IE 6.0.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems like the top nav bar has some issues.
suggestion:
get rid of the top nav bar and make it a php include.

you can include all of the navigation from one file instead of having to edit each forum header in different locations. will simplify the site & possible help the speed.

noticed that the nav bar is being downloaded from a secondary site. suggestion would be to have the nav included with the code at the hosted site to improve speed.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone just mentioned something interesting...has anyone noticed the chat room is missing??

AND how do we access our galleries now? Gawd, this new format gets worse and worse every time I try to do something. Can we please have the old format back? :curse: