1996-97 Yellow wheels

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all,
Anyone have a set of the mcviper wheels they are looking to get rid of or trade for a perfect set of 97 gts polished ones? Jerry

OP
OP
N

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I plan on turning my red gts in to a mcgts. I almost bought one new in 97 from fitzgerald and have never forgot how in your face the red/yellow is. My personal favorite. Jerry

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right the red/yellow combo is definitly "in your face". A little too in your face for some people, but personally I really like it (duh) :) . It takes the over the top styling of a Viper and makes it more over the top! With a lot of people swapping the yellow wheels for aftermarket wheels, I'm sure someone has a set lying around somewhere. Try the usual suspects--Jon B. at PartsRack, X2.com, ViperPartsLarry.com, etc. I dont know about the others, but I know Jon B. will take trades. Also watch Ebay. It was a mint set w/tires on there for a little more than $1k about a year ago. I really wish I had bought them, but I didnt have the $$ at the time (unemployment will do that to you :buttkick: ). Be sure to post pics when you do the swap. I've only seen 1 or 2 pics of a McGTS and never one in real life.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man you got some big cahonas. Most red GTS's would go for some chrome wheels with a white or black stripe which would be killer. Going for the McViper look with a GTS would be nice but controversial. Some will like it and some won't. It would look nice but check out Tony's (Supermad) red with black stripe GTS and try to top that. HAWT!

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its all about personal taste and thats what makes everyone an individual. Your car decisions should be regardless of what everyone else thinks, its your car. If your dream car is a McViper GTS, then you make it.... :headbang:

Reaction score
I have a set of yellow in storage and I also have a set of polished. I do not want to trade but may consider selling them. Jerry take a 200 mile roadtrip and come take a look.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man you got some big cahonas. Most red GTS's would go for some chrome wheels with a white or black stripe which would be killer. Going for the McViper look with a GTS would be nice but controversial. Some will like it and some won't. It would look nice but check out Tony's (Supermad) red with black stripe GTS and try to top that. HAWT!

I have to agree! :nana:

OP
OP
N

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If i had never seen one new i never would do it but i always think back to when i could of had one new, should have bought it. But i saved 2200.00 buying one locally with the polished wheels. Other than Tom,s car does anyone even know of other red/yellow GTS,s still wearing their yellow? Jerry

OP
OP
N

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wanted to thank Mark, (Dakota Viper Collector) for the wheels, I picked them up today and got to see his collection(very impressive) and thanks again for dinner(next time your in Fargo call me so i can repay the favor). Jerry

OP
OP
N

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Next question: Does anyone have the measurements for the prancing snake stickers on the fender? Jerry

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are mine that I received from Neil, and installed per the measurements in the factory manual.......

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
N

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris 1,
Thanks for the pic,s i will go to the service manual for specs. I ordered a set from Neil the other day. Jerry

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It did not look complete until I put on stripes.
You must be registered for see images attach

Just my personal opinion, but I think the stripes should be painted right through the NACA duct. (whatever the color)