My 01 failed state inspection...help...

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The operator said it failed because of Catalyst - not ready, Evap - not ready, and O2 Sens Htr - not ready.
This is the first time it has failed, but has the same mods as all previous OBD-II inpections, which it passed.
Any ideas? Could it be the rear O2 sensors need replacing, or do I need rear O2 simulators?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you unplugged the battery lately? That will reset the computer and it will need time and miles to get enough info to pass.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you unplugged the battery lately? That will reset the computer and it will need time and miles to get enough info to pass.

Agreed. On my Z, the drive cycle pattern to get the sensors to set to "ready" after an ECU reset was something like "drive between 53 and 58 MPH for 8 minutes. Stop. Accelerate to 35 MPH within 20 seconds, maintain speed for 45 seconds"..blah blah blah. I'm sure it's different for the Viper.

Out of curiosity, what are your mods?

OP
OP
F

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Engine related mods are: Headers, HF cats, Corsa cat-back, aluminum flywheel, tubes & filters.
After a little research, I have learned that is does take a drive cycle to reset the monitors to a ready state. Also learned, that when the MIL is on, it will not pass the I/M test. My MIL is on due to M0300 randome misfire, and M0307 misfire detedted cylinder 7.
Looks like I need another set of spark plug wires to cure the misfire codes, and maybe new plugs as well. This cleared them in the past.