Factory Stripes WIDTH and SPACING anyone? Gen 2

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I tried the search funtion first :)

Can someone please give me the factory stripe witdth, and spacing between the stripes? (2001 GTS).

And maybe some important landmarks on the car I can use for the spacings

Hopefully I'm getting stripes next weekend. Just want it to be right!

Thanks guys-

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER STRIPES

2001 - 8 inches wide, 4 1/2 inches between the stripes

2002 - Stripes are 8" wide, 4-7/16" between the stripes

1996 - GTS's, the stripe width is 8 1/4", 3-15/16" between the stripes

96 - 209mm-100mm-209mm

97 up (changed again in 2000 or 2001 I think): 203mm-112mm-203mm

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I tried to upload a picture of the stripe I did as referenced off the Viper brake light in the back but this 'improved' software doesn't let me upload pics to my gallery for some reason. At any rate, they are 8" wide and the spacing is 3 3/4". I kept these dimensions from front-to-rear. You can check out my other pics in the gallery just to see the finished layout.

OP
OP
D

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You going with the Black stripes?

Most likely. Either that or a gunmetal grey. I would love to see a yellow GTS with Dark Grey stripes, just to see how good it looks. I will get a better idea when I get down to the shop that going to do it. They have a crapload of different colored stripes.

'Ellow- can you give me the link to your rear tail light picture?

Also, on the front, do factory stripes go all the way to the bottom of the front spoiler, or stop before it hits the final 3" lip?

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You going with the Black stripes?

Most likely. Either that or a gunmetal grey. I would love to see a yellow GTS with Dark Grey stripes, just to see how good it looks. I will get a better idea when I get down to the shop that going to do it. They have a crapload of different colored stripes.

'Ellow- can you give me the link to your rear tail light picture?

Also, on the front, do factory stripes go all the way to the bottom of the front spoiler, or stop before it hits the final 3" lip?

I would love to see it in gunmetal. I've never thought of that but now that you have mentioned it sounds like a great idea. Keep me posted as to which you go with.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still can't upload so, E mail me at [email protected] and I'll send the photo.
I did my stripes all the way under/over the facia lip. When I checked with my bodyshop for estimates, the painter thought a GUNMETAL stripe would really look good. Wanted to use the same basic gunmetal color as the rear Viper taillight surround has. He thought that would really set-off the stripe.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally..here is the tail shot. Not factory specs, but worked for me.
Stripe.JPG