daytime running lights .....think I got a problem>>>

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so I took my 99 RT/10 out for a short drive yesterday and when I put her back into the garage and got out I noticed my daytime running lights in the front were still on. So I looked in the manual and it says that they should turn off once the ignition is off, well that didn't exactly happen. I pulled the fuse to them which was under the hood. Anyone know what might be causing them to stay on?

Thanks,
Brian

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..Day time relay is located on top of the Aluminium brace (1 1/2" Aluminium square frame which braces the engine compartment). The Aluminium brace is located between the rad and the engine visible from the top, unscrew and test it. If a brown melt is found around the relay unit, then replace the unit(usually it's melted silicon from extreme heat).

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay thanks. Does the fuse connected with the daytime running lights relate to anything else? When I removed the fuse the headlights still worked and nothing else seemed to be affected. Also, do I really even need to get this problem fixed? Do you know of any potential problems that might arise if I leave the car as is?

Thanks for all the help!

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..If the rely plug is disconnected that will fix your problem, and no further action is needed. In Canada however, it's mandatory to have a day running light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32