Untouched, untitled 92

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the response I got, rather quick I might add:

"The front fascia ( bumper cover ) has not been repainted. The Owner's Mechanic thinks that some of the Early Vipers' did not have a emblem."

I am unaware of this being the case. Anyone else know if this statement is true?

OP
OP

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the response I got, rather quick I might add:

"The front fascia ( bumper cover ) has not been repainted. The Owner's Mechanic thinks that some of the Early Vipers' did not have a emblem."

I am unaware of this being the case. Anyone else know if this statement is true?

It is possible. There are a couple cars in the 1992 image gallery on this site without. There are also some with. Given this car has not be titled it also means it has not been licensed. That, combinded with the fact I have found a couple others without I bet this is legit.

I can picture this running through BJ years down the road... They would know this and make a big deal about it missing saying how it adds 30K to the car.....

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would never make a good collector. I couldn't store it indefinitly and never drive it. Poser, well that is another story.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would a repainted front facia devalue a car with only 242 mile on the odometer?

depends.

corvette purists hate anything repainted, and would rather see flaking, dulled and nasty looking paint on their cars because the paint is "original".

will vipers be the valued the same in the future? nobody knows.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would a repainted front facia devalue a car with only 242 mile on the odometer?

depends.

corvette purists hate anything repainted, and would rather see flaking, dulled and nasty looking paint on their cars because the paint is "original".

will vipers be the valued the same in the future? nobody knows.

So many Vipers had panels/sills, etc done at the plant that I can't imagine original paint being as important. Factor in how many Gen I/II Vipers end of having the paint bubble due to the body panels, original paint may be trivial.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235