ACR wheels made in Japan?

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it's true I just had my ACR BBS wheels taken from the tires for chromeing and there is a nice big stamp Made In Japan on the drum. So much for our cars being American made ! I was embarrassed. I would put up a picture but this site ***** right now.. :curse:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the cars are made in America :) they just source (like other manufacturers) many parts from suppliers all around the world, a chunk of the gen3 engine are made 90 mins from my house :)

I thought BBS was a german company ? most BBS wheels are now made in Japan under license

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it's true I just had my ACR BBS wheels taken from the tires for chromeing and there is a nice big stamp Made In Japan on the drum. So much for our cars being American made ! I was embarrassed. I would put up a picture but this site ***** right now.. :curse:

You will be surprised if you knew the whole truth/details.

I will try to find the article I read a couple days ago regarding this.

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, quite a few BBS models used to be made here in the little arab country of Bahrain. ALUWHEEL, which manufacture wheel casts for BBS, Borbet, AIG, and many other brands, were initially owned by BBS until it was bought over by the local investors.

If you look carefully at all Audi and Rover wheels on the market today, you will notice a stamp that says "Made in Bahrain" on them.

Check it out

http://www.midalcable.com/aluwheel.htm

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're absolutely right Hard Viper, You schouldn't have those on your Viper, if you want, you can exchange with mine, they're American made... :usa:
;)

Mark Hahn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forged BBS wheels are only made in Germany or in Japan. The cast variety are made in various places by BBS or under contract. As for their quality, BBS forged wheels are considered about the best in the world. If you look on most racing cars as in world class GT1, GT2, GT3, and Formula 1 you will probably find BBS the most followed by OZ. The ACR are a version of the BBS LM wheels. All of the BBS forged wheels are worked by their engineering offices in Schiltach Germany. MGH

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950