Hmmmm

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This past weekend was B-E-A-UTIFULL, so I cleaned up the Viper and cruised up to the local dealership to see the two new coupes they just received. I mentioned that I was interested in it, but knew that I would never be able to get enough for my current RT/10 to make it worth while to jump ship. Well, the mananger just called and told me that I could have the new coupe for $84k and he was going to give me $49k for mine :eek: My RT is a 2001 Saphire over Cognac with about 26k miles, yes, 26 thousand-I actually drive it.

Anyways, I was pretty impressed with the numbers, what do y'all think? I have until tomorrow to make a decission.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing to consider, since price is motivating you...

Yours is close to the bottom of its depreciation curve for a while - the SRT Coupe is just starting its curve.

Either way - Cool cars.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are getting 49k because 84k is high ;)

Are you looking for a certain color ? The coupes "are" getting harder to find. Especially the cheaper ones that DC gave money back to the dealer on.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking the SAME thing 1TONY1 said!!!

I have the same car, just in a GTS...same miles....49K would be fair, but I have had friends get a new coupe for low 70's

If you want the coupe, go for it, I would just try to close that gap.

say yes to 49K on your Viper, offer MSRP on the coupe and hope to get something better than what they are offering.

life is short, be in the Viper YOU want to be in :headbang:

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking the SAME thing 1TONY1 said!!!

I have the same car, just in a GTS...same miles....49K would be fair, but I have had friends get a new coupe for low 70's

If you want the coupe, go for it, I would just try to close that gap.

say yes to 49K on your Viper, offer MSRP on the coupe and hope to get something better than what they are offering.

life is short, be in the Viper YOU want to be in :headbang:
That's the thing, MSRP is $91k, so $84k is about invoice. I wanted to get about $45k trade in for mine, and well under invoice for the coupe. The only bummer is that the coupe is a blue with silver stripes. I would love a bumblebee.

After thinking about it though, I am not sure that I want to get rid of mine. We'll see what sleep has to offer . . . plus, I am really lusting after a certian Diablo . . .

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey G,

You ought to buy my '05, it's for sale...

http://www.motorcars-intl.com/veh_detail...p;stocknoid=316

That Blue/Silver Coupe should be retailing around 78K, here's one without the stripes for a hair under $75K:

http://wally-armour-chrysler-dodge-jeep....r/SRT-10/Coupe/

Did you say Bumble Bee...well, give Woodhouse a call, they show 1 in stock and one with Silver Stripes. www.woodhouseviper.com

And you might call www.ringgoldmotors.com, they have a brand new Bumble Bee Coupe on drautos.com for $78,611 as well as a host of other color combos all at the same low price.

Oh, and check with Maxwell (the dealer you went to today...unless you went to Bluebonnet) and ask if they can dealer trade in a Bumble Bee for ya. They have their own internal locator and can pull up dealer inventories quickly.

-J

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
J-
I didn't know that Motorcars had your VCA edition-did you trade it in on the new toy?

Anyways, after thinking about it, I love my current Viper and don't want to get rid of it. While the new one is nice, it just doesn't do it for me like the gen 2 does.

Plus, I have a date with a few Italian ladies this Thursday, so we will see what that brings :cool:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grayson, glad to see you kept you head on straight ;)

Gen 3 over your Gen 2...next time tell me first...I will talk some sense into you. Of course, I promise I am not Gen 1 biased :)